Sox Acquire Carlos Quentin for Chris Carter; DFA Heath Phillips

SoxFan1

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 02:20 PM)
Over at the WSI board, a poster of there who broke the Quentin deal with a source in the DBacks front office say another deal is being talked about in the early stages...

Konerko

for

M. Owings SP

C. Jackson 1B

T. Pena RP

Liked the first deal, and i would love that deal!

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over at the WSI board, a poster of there who broke the Quentin deal with a source in the DBacks front office say another deal is being talked about in the early stages...

Konerko

for

M. Owings SP

C. Jackson 1B

T. Pena RP

No thanks. Micah can't hit for us.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 12:20 PM)

Jesus. If that's the case, why don't the White Sox and D'Backs just get married and have babies together already!

(Or, even better, they could just combine their teams to form one SUPER-SQUAD!)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 02:02 PM)
The Dodgers have offered him a 2 year, $32 million deal.

Sounds like a decent deal could be made there. Despite last year's poor BA, I would up that offer with an option for a third year at least.

Slightly off topic, but I still think the best value to parlay into some of the talent we fans seek (Crawford, MCab, Bedard, etc.) to really complete a balanced team (financially as well as on the field) lies in Paul Konerko. Crede's value couldn't get lower from a trade standpoint and no one wants to lose Fields. I think moving Joe to 1B to build up his strength and stock while letting Josh develop at third would allow the Sox to trade Paul for either a legitimate starter or ready to near-ready prospects for added flexibility in making deals. That to me is a more attractive team even eith the loss of pop in the line-up. The two concerns I have doing this would be the health of Thome and Crede but I think that some gambles have to be taken with the lack of chips the White Sox have right now.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
Liked the first deal, and i would love that deal!

it would depend on how we use the money from the konerko deal....but it could potentially work, and coudl signal the framework of a deal like danks/jackson/sweeney maybe gio for cabrera

QUOTE(rcpweiner @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 02:22 PM)
Jesus. If that's the case, why don't the White Sox and D'Backs just get married and have babies together already!

(Or, even better, they could just combine their teams to form one SUPER-SQUAD!)

This is a great organization to have a long-term relationship with.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 03:20 PM)

Konerko

for

M. Owings SP

C. Jackson 1B

T. Pena RP

i didnt see that at all on WSI...

QUOTE(The Beast @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 08:45 PM)
Conor Jackson, I believe would replace Konerko at first base.

His trade proposal had Jackson going for Cabrera. Also, I think the Marlins would want significantly higher ceiling players than Gio, Danks, Sweeney and Jackson.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 03:46 PM)
His trade proposal had Jackson going for Cabrera. Also, I think the Marlins would want significantly higher ceiling players than Gio, Danks, Sweeney and Jackson.

i agree...i was probably substituting more quantity for quality with that trade, but nontheless that is probably 4 major leauge pieces, and i think if we trade konerko i think we have to go out and get a big bat, especially with thome potentially being gone by next year, maybe signing andruw is another option....as opposed to actually creating a trade i was more just trying to say that a trade of PK would suggest to me that the acquisition of another big bat would probably be pending

Konerko

for

M. Owings SP

C. Jackson 1B

T. Pena RP

That type of deal would make this organization far more dynamic that it has been over the past two seasons. All of a sudden you have significantly increased your financial flexibility and injected more youth into the organization while only removing one player. I like PK a lot, but I do not consider him untradeable in the least bit. If Jackson can pick it at 1B, that is an even better option that my last suggestion of moving Crede to first. A quick glance at these guys' numbers and ages have me giddy over such a deal.