Mitchell Report Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 06:07 PM)
Maybe somebody can clear this up for me...Is PUJOLS on the list??? Ive seen many reports saying he is, and then others with him not on it. Please clarify!! Thanks!

No. Albert Pujols is not in the Mitchell report. He was in a phony list that went around this morning before the real one was actually released, along with several other players. 39 of the names in the list that was released this morning were incorrect, and Pujols was one of them. Pujols is not implicated by this report.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 03:08 AM)
No. Albert Pujols is not in the Mitchell report. He was in a phony list that went around this morning before the real one was actually released, along with several other players. 39 of the names in the list that was released this morning were incorrect, and Pujols was one of them. Pujols is not implicated by this report.

Maybe not phony. NBC is standing by that list.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 14, 2007 -> 04:26 AM)
How exactly can they stand by that being the mitchell report list when we have the mitchell report list and it's different?

They think it's a list where the player's names came up numerous times in the investigation, but did not get included in for one reason or another.

If it's true that the NBC list has guys who Mitchell looked at but didn't name, I wouldn't be shocked at Pujols.

In fact, it shocks me more that he isn't a juicer. Which means I think he is. Alex Rodriguez. Andruw Jones. Lots of the biggest names of the last fifteen years. It isn't becaues of God that "A-Rod" is the youngest to 500.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
If it's true that the NBC list has guys who Mitchell looked at but didn't name, I wouldn't be shocked at Pujols.

In fact, it shocks me more that he isn't a juicer. Which means I think he is. Alex Rodriguez. Andruw Jones. Lots of the biggest names of the last fifteen years. It isn't becaues of God that "A-Rod" is the youngest to 500.

Everyone knows that power rests with Vishnu.

Roids must make people stupid. How can anyone believe that no one could hit babe ruths record for all these years. Then within a few years of each other 3 people shatter that record, not only beat it. But clear it by a bunch. Outside of the ability to use our eyes and see normal human beings go into Cro-Magnon reverse engineering mode.

If the numbers start to go up again with HGH, they should raise the mound and shut the offenses down again.

‘Either someone isn’t telling the truth, or steroids really don’t work because I was throwing 80, 81 mph before the report said I took them, and I was throwing 80, 81 mph after I allegedly took them,’’ Parque told the Sun-Times in a phone interview. ‘‘You have a guy that was trying to plea-bargain to save his own ass, so of course he’s going to throw as many names as possible out there.’’

According to the report, ‘‘Radomski did not recall who referred Parque to him but said that he made two sales of human growth hormone to him. Radomski said that during the 2003 offseason, Parque sent Radomski a bottle of Winstrol to ‘check out.’ Radomski determined it was ‘no good’ and discarded it.’’

It goes on to say that Radomski had Parque’s phone numbers and address, as well as two checks from Parque totaling $4,800 that also were shown in the report.

Just because you weren't throwing faster doesn't mean you weren't taking HGH or other things.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 11:47 PM)
Then what were the $4,800 worth of checks for Jim?

i love the people who are claiming those checks could have been for anything...they are using excuses like it could have been for pizza or for picking up the dry cleaning...id like to pick someones dry cleaning up for a cool grand

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:36 PM)
Parque told the Sun-Times in a phone interview. ‘‘You have a guy that was trying to plea-bargain to save his own ass, so of course he’s going to throw as many names as possible out there.’’

Yes, Parque! I love this.

Mitchell grilling Radomksi under hot lights:

Radamski: I swear that's it. Those are all the players. I swear.

Mitchell: [slams fist on table] c'mon, Radomski, talk! Goddamn it, if I don't start hearing names, you'll be the locker room attendant for the f***ing Toledo Mud Hens. You think I was born yesterday? Brian Roberts, Clemens, Pettite, David Justice, Mo Vaughn, Eric Gagne and those other 55 players and that's it??

Radomski: Ok, ok, you're right. I'll talk. There was also..........uh.......Jim Parque?

Mitchell: Jackpot! Nailed him. Allright, call the commisioner, this investigation is over.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:53 PM)
i love the people who are claiming those checks could have been for anything...they are using excuses like it could have been for pizza or for picking up the dry cleaning...id like to pick someones dry cleaning up for a cool grand

It just proves how rampant steroid and HGH use was during that time period. The fact that all of these players would even consider paying with a check as a viable option is either incredibly stupid, or so common that none of them even thought twice about it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:26 PM)
How exactly can they stand by that being the mitchell report list when we have the mitchell report list and it's different?

CNBC is claiming the list they have is the original Mitchell Report list, but that those 39 names were eventually excluded because there was no "direct" evidence to inculpate those players. Meaning, these players were highly suspected or commonly known to use performance-enhancing drugs but there either was no one who came forward claiming they sold them the drugs, saw them use the drugs, or had a record of payments for the drugs.