Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
This just happened at work:

I just had a really neat racist guy just tell me to please pass on a message to my bosses about removing the “English” or “Spanish” option on the ATM because bi-lingual-ism is destroying America.

Apparently it’s a “soft issue” that our programmers should be able to fix.

Wow, who knew?

Apparently, old racist guy did.

I don't see how that is clearly racism.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
Yes. I have had several games of Diplomacy that went of for quite a long time. I have a friend who will never play that game with me ever again.

I made a friend of mine so mad once by "forgetting" to support a convoy that he didn't speak to me for a couple of months. It really detracted from that particular game for him, though.

Last night my cat bit the hell out of my hand while I was petting her when she saw the dog. I got blood ALL over two towels and my just washed comforter. The dog then threw up repeatedly for the next three hours and the new dog had it flying out the other end. When I went to the doctor this morning because my hand is uber swollen, the prescription he gave me (apparently cat bites get infected a lot) wouldn't get filled because eff'n CVS wouldn't recognize the new carrier of my prescription plan. After two hours fighting with them and MedCo I finally got my damn augmentum. Ugh. Worst day.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Last night my cat bit the hell out of my hand while I was petting her when she saw the dog. I got blood ALL over two towels and my just washed comforter. The dog then threw up repeatedly for the next three hours and the new dog had it flying out the other end. When I went to the doctor this morning because my hand is uber swollen, the prescription he gave me (apparently cat bites get infected a lot) wouldn't get filled because eff'n CVS wouldn't recognize the new carrier of my prescription plan. After two hours fighting with them and MedCo I finally got my damn augmentum. Ugh. Worst day.

Best healthcare system in the world!

Sorry. Had to. Hope things turn soon.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)

Thanks.

Well it has to get better. Yesterday I also realized I messed up the analyses of about 1/4 of a HUGE experiment I ran. I should just hide under the covers until tomorrow. . .

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 12:28 PM)

I agree. She got to see a doc the very next day, no 6 month waiting, got a script, and after only a few hours, got it filled. Sorry about your hand, Soxy. Been there.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 12:25 PM)

Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Thanks, my burn feels muuuuuch better.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 05:28 AM)

Yes it really is.

Although Australia's actually not that much better. It is, but not by as much as you would think.

WARSAW (Reuters) - A Polish man got the shock of his life when he visited a brothel and spotted his wife among the establishment's employees. Polish tabloid Super Express said the woman had been making some extra money on the side while telling her husband she worked at a store in a nearby town.

"I was dumfounded. I thought I was dreaming," the husband told the newspaper Wednesday.

The couple, married for 14 years, are now divorcing, the newspaper reported.

(Writing by Chris Borowski, Editing by Matthew Jones)

The proper response is "looking for YOU!"

And this one from Houston, Man's best friend my ass . . .

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Houston-area man was killed in a hunting accident after his dog stepped on a loaded shotgun in the back of a pick-up truck, triggering a blast that pierced the vehicle and the hunter's leg, a local sheriff said.

Perry Price, a 46-year-old math teacher, shot a goose on Saturday then put his gun in the back of the truck where the dog was waiting to retrieve the bird.

"I've been in law enforcement 20 years and this is probably the strangest one I've had," said Chambers County Sheriff Joe LaRive.

Investigators found paw prints and mud from the dog, a chocolate Labrador retriever named Arthur, on the shotgun, LaRive said.

Price was taken to a local hospital, but died from a loss of blood after doctors were unable to revive him.

(Reporting by Anna Driver in Houston, editing by Todd Eastham)

I'm not making fun of these people... but a guy with one of those voice talker things like the guy from south park or the episode of Scrubs where JD talks with the young smoker kid and he say "Do you want to play a game?" (from the Movie "War Games" with Matthew Broderick) came into my branch....and it creeps me out.

sorry, it just does.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 10:33 AM)
I'm not making fun of these people... but a guy with one of those voice talker things like the guy from south park or the episode of Scrubs where JD talks with the young smoker kid and he say "Do you want to play a game?" (from the Movie "War Games" with Matthew Broderick) came into my branch....and it creeps me out.

sorry, it just does.

An electronic voice is creepy regardless, I wouldnt feel too bad......unless you gave the guy the cold shoulder because of it. ;)

The lady that annoys me the most at work just got fired.This is a good day,a while back she was sexually harrassing me,lol.Its funny to even say that because any other time I wouldnt call it that but she is a stumpy old lady who happens to be a freak so I didnt want anything to do with her.No more feeling strange walking past her desk. :cheers

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)
The lady that annoys me the most at work just got fired.This is a good day,a while back she was sexually harrassing me,lol.Its funny to even say that because any other time I wouldnt call it that but she is a stumpy old lady who happens to be a freak so I didnt want anything to do with her.No more feeling strange walking past her desk. :cheers

You're the first guy I know that complains about being sexually harassed. :lol: