Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 09:47 PM)
Shut the f*** up. None of you are Iowa State fans.

Or Gopher fans (although I suppose we did beat ISU in basketball and do have a future to look forward to, SO THERE!)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
So I just got my teeth whitened, which is worse than being an Iowa State fan. It'll look good in a couple days, but it hurts so goddamn much right now.

I'd be pummelling you right now... if you only lived somewhere less remote and more appealing than Bismark, North Dakota. Like maybe Baghdad.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
Or Gopher fans (although I suppose we did beat ISU in basketball and do have a future to look forward to, SO THERE!)

Sox -- 4th place, 24 games back

Bears -- 7-9, last place (did sweep Pack, which is always a plus)

T-Wolves -- 4-29

Gopher FB -- 1-11

Gopher BB -- 10-3

So this season's not a total loss, I guess.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
I'd be pummelling you right now... if you only lived somewhere less remote and more appealing than Bismark, North Dakota. Like maybe Baghdad.

Yeah it's pretty much Backwoods, USA. It gets cold here and I still think its nice out. Which is weird.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)
So I just got my teeth whitened, which is worse than being an Iowa State fan. It'll look good in a couple days, but it hurts so goddamn much right now.

I had my wisdom teeth out last Thursday :P

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 04:17 PM)
Sox -- 4th place, 24 games back

Bears -- 7-9, last place (did sweep Pack, which is always a plus)

T-Wolves -- 4-29

Gopher FB -- 1-11

Gopher BB -- 10-3

So this season's not a total loss, I guess.

Identical for me, except I don't really care about the NBA (and if I did, I'd be rooting for the Jazz/76ers)

Edited by Felix

Number of experiments that got re-analyzed today: 0

Posts on Soxtalk today: 2342323432

This would be the most perfect negative correlation in the history of time. For serial.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
"Risk" has pretty much made my X-mas break. I friggin' love that game.

WOW! I just played it last week for the first time in what seemed forever. I didnt do very well as this idiot decided to try to get australia from one country there against my two, and he just stacked all his guys there. So in a 6 player game, he wiped both of us out almost immediately, atleast I last a turn longer than him. That game is still magnificent.

QUOTE(bigruss22 @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 02:24 PM)
WOW! I just played it last week for the first time in what seemed forever. I didnt do very well as this idiot decided to try to get australia from one country there against my two, and he just stacked all his guys there. So in a 6 player game, he wiped both of us out almost immediately, atleast I last a turn longer than him. That game is still magnificent.

He's not an idiot, he's a very smart man. ;)

Last week I introduced my Mom and Stepdad to Jenga, and we had a blast playing it with his parents and my daughter. Risk is such a fun game if you have the friends that: 1. have the time to play, and 2. Dont need to be taught how to play. Thankfully my friends fall into both categories.

Balderdash is a favorite of mine as well

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
Anyone ever played Diplomacy? Think Risk, but far more detailed and nuanced. There's a game that can last awhile.

Yes. I have had several games of Diplomacy that went of for quite a long time. I have a friend who will never play that game with me ever again.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
Yes. I have had several games of Diplomacy that went of for quite a long time. I have a friend who will never play that game with me ever again.

LOL, i know people like that

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 04:38 PM)
So, using T9 texting, just type the word "roids" into your phone. If your phone is as cool as mine, it's kinda funny.

type in "means"....

mine comes up with "boner"

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 12:56 AM)
Axis and Allies is a good game to play 72 hours straight on just coffee, coca-cola, pizza and chips - no sleep.

I spent a 3 day weekend in college one time playing one game.

the computer games assists in the quickness department of that game. I highly recommend it. setting up the board game took like 2 days of advanced notice :lol:

This just happened at work:

I just had a really neat racist guy just tell me to please pass on a message to my bosses about removing the “English” or “Spanish” option on the ATM because bi-lingual-ism is destroying America.

Apparently it’s a “soft issue” that our programmers should be able to fix.

Wow, who knew?

Apparently, old racist guy did.