Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
Are you talking about Dylan? I haven't heard many(if any) people describe his music as sexy. Although I absolutely love his stuff. I really like the I'm Not There soundtrack, especially the Hold Steady doing Crawl Out Your Window.

In general, I totally agree with you. But that song just has a really laid back seductive vibe to it. It's not like Barry White sexy--but damn.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 04:08 AM)
Yeah, seriously. I loved the skit showing what he did while the show was off the air. Guitar and portable amp... :lol:

Was he using a Gretsch? I guess Conan is one of the countries biggest Gretsch collectors. There is an orange 6120 on the stage behind the guitarist that I never see played, and I always wondered if that was one of Conan's that he insists on displaying.

I expect when Conan gets the Leno spot he will take the same route as every other late night host that gets that spot and time slot, he will mellow out a bit. I like Conan (prefer Letterman though) and hope he stays as insane as he is now.

Anybody remember his first few years and how bad he was? Brian McCann was one of Conan's biggest critics. He HATED him and spent hours on the Loop ripping him apart and calling him the worst thing on TV. Then all of a sudden Conan started getting REALLY good. It was at about that exact same time that Brian started writing for Conan. I always wondered how much of it had to do with Brian being right all along and actually knowing what exactly was wrong with Conan and how to fix it.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 12:29 PM)
Spears' Attorney "Hey honey, order that new car, Brittney is in a standoff with police ha ha ha"

Actually, I believe they are still trying to quit.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
So, using T9 texting, just type the word "roids" into your phone. If your phone is as cool as mine, it's kinda funny.

lol good stuff

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
So I'm finally going skydiving over the summer. Anyone ever done it?

I can't wait.

My brother tells me it is awesome. He is part of the 82nd Airborne in the army, and he has been doing jumps for the better part of the last 6 years.

I have not tried it yet, however, even though I want to.

I once looked out my window in Schneider Hall and saw 3 skydivers land in the field out front of the towers, that was pretty strange. I think they got in trouble for it too, because they didnt clear it with anyone, they just did it.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 07:58 AM)
So I'm finally going skydiving over the summer. Anyone ever done it?

I can't wait.

I take it you're not afraid of heights there Rowand.

I'm the opposite, but skydiving is something that I probably want to end up doing myself in the next couple of years. Something to try and get over that type of fear.

The Consumer Electronic Show is going on right now, and there's a ton of cool stuff being unveiled. Sony is showing off this robot like music player(Yeah, I don't know...).

Warner is going exclusively Blu Ray.

Then there's this sweet device: http://www.engadget.com/2008/01/06/sonys-n...2-now-official/

And then there's some super thin, organic LED TV.

CES-B_sonyOLED.jpg

But what I want is this:

panasonic-150-inch-plasma.jpg

Edited by Buehrle>Wood