LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 18, 2009 -> 09:50 PM)
Ben at the dock... he went to go kill Penny. He referenced having to go take care of something he promised an old friend... Charles... he proposed Charles he'd kill his daughter... Penny.

Looking at the LOST easter egg site, Ben is in a port of some kind when he is calling. I think you are spot on with your theory

http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/c28...93b5d56e9f8be3f

John will be resurrected.

You dont just accidentally use 3:16.

And on that note, the first flight was 815. Which could be a reference to Romans 8:15.

Heirs with Christ

12 So then, brothers, [4] we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons [5] of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.

Im pretty sure that the use of "Jacob" is an old testament reference, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob.

An even further break down using the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42:

Matthew 4:8

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor.

John 15: 16:

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Luke 23: 42:

23 Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

43 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."

This would actually be in biblical order of the books with only Mark being left out. Not to say that there is any legitimacy to these ideas, but its just something ive been wrestling with for a while now. I had thought some of the references had biblical connotations, it just seems that now its becoming much more apparent.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 19, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
Looking at the LOST easter egg site, Ben is in a port of some kind when he is calling. I think you are spot on with your theory

http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/c28...93b5d56e9f8be3f

This being Lost things are never what they appear. I don't think that Ben killed Penny (at lwast ot yet). Ms. Hawkins told Des that the island wasn't done with him yet. I think that Ben either went to Des's boat to convince Desmond to return to the island. I think we'll see that Des beat the crap out of them. Maybe he did threaten Penny and Charlie, but I think the threats were just a means of getting Des moving and headed towards the island.

finally caught up watching em all on abc.com....if i have to see that damn comcast comercial with the "more more more" song I'm gonna pull a Mr. Ecko first seeing Jin and other raft survivors on someone....

A few things I thought of....is it safe to assume that the raft/boat thingy that Sawyer Juliet and co. steal belongs to the people on the flight to Guam, since the airline water was found there? If so, then who would be trying to shoot at them as they paddled away.

The plane scene reminded me of another mystery that I don't think has been solved yet....what was the favor Kate was going to ask the Marshall when the plane was going down? Kate asked it as if she almost knew the plane was about to crash.

So Jack never found his dad's body in the casket, I assume the same thing will happen with Locke and he will be reincarnated, as some sort of conduit to Jacob.

What did happen to Aaron. More importantly, what did ever happen to Claire??? Her story is way too fishy to just ignore and not come back to at some point. She is blown up by some sort of RPG, survives relatively unscathed, runs off in the middle of the night leaving her baby, leading some to believe that she was actually dead. But the most we ever get out of sawyer is "Shes gone." Then she appears in the cabin with Christian talking to Locke. She has to be revisited soon...and I think it will have something to do with the Psychic who told her she had to raise her baby. (or could the psychic have known that the couple in LA ...the good people who were going to adopt her baby...were actaully Kate and Jack?)

What was with the temple from an episode or so before? Had we seen it before? Rousseau's teammate loses his arm, and then aftera flash the arm is still there seemingly several years later. So does that mean the temple had been untouched for that long?

I love the Faraday character...I keep waiting for him to ask if he can bring his typewrighter along with...only to look over and see Tom Hanks holding up a pencil.

We know for sure that Charlotte was on the island as a little girl, and a "man" (Daniel) told her to never come back. Well Faraday seems to never age either. If he was old when charlotte was a kid, he appeared to be the same age when he was working on the Orchid, and was the same age when Desmond visits him, and presently on the island. Is he using time travel? Or is he like Richard? Or is Richard also using time travel?

also...we never found out how Jacks dad actually dies, do we?

There are so many questions I have. When watching I actually considered writing them all down as I went along, and answering them as we find out. The brilliant part about the show is that there are so many questions, that span such a long time frame that we forget about them. That way when they are answered you definitely get that "holy s***" moment

btw...sorry for proposing all these questions, but watching them now, I've wanted to to ask these, and wanted to read this thread for so long but wouldn't let myself til I got caught up. Also I've wanted to search Lost-pedia or any other page, but you really can't til you are caught up because you can't stumble upon something that you haven't yet seen

also Charlie had to be the one who told Hurley to get on the plane, right? when Jack asks him how he knew, hurley wouldnt say....also the guitar he brought with certainly must mean something

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
"The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham" looks like the episode that could get Terry O'Quinn an Emmy.

cant wait...ive been watching on my own time on abc.com...now that im caught up it sucks having to wait to see the next one...the whole time i was watching on my own i thought to myself...man this would suck to have to wait a week to find out what happens lol

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 22, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
cant wait...ive been watching on my own time on abc.com...now that im caught up it sucks having to wait to see the next one...the whole time i was watching on my own i thought to myself...man this would suck to have to wait a week to find out what happens lol

I felt the same way when watching Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD to catch up. Than during Season 3, had to wait a week everytime. Killed me.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 25, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
and with less clothes! lol JUST KIDDING

In all seriosuness, Nikki and Palo sucked as characters.

At least they put the newbie character Neil out of his misery after 1 episode in this season.