LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
Anyone notice this?

Picture2-7.png

Interesting observation... The 1st time I saw that picture I was so focused on the asterisk-looking spots I didn't even notice that there is what looks to be a Dharma logo on the computer.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
The way I'm looking at it right now(it's incredibly early with only two episodes into the season) but the stars on the monitor are all the different places the Island has been jumping, and the swining penjilum is mapping where its eventaul location will be.

I thought the island was jumping time, not location?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 23, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
I mean, it has to move somewhere. Whidmore already found the island once. If he found it in 1999 lets say, and then went back to find it in 2003, even if the island jumped time, it would still have the same cordinates, correct?

I guess it would depend on what SciFi version of time travel you wanted to believe. Theoretically if something left 1999 and moved to 2003, it shouldn't be there between 1999 and 2003. But this is LOST, so they can pretty much do whatever they want.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
The theory I have with the polar bears is that they were kept on the Island by the Dharma initiative and they used those "food games" to teach them how to turn the wheel in case they needed to move the island.

Which is why a polar bear was found in Tunisia.

Which solidifes Ben's whoever moves the island can't go back. The polar bears are the guinea pigs in that they are expendable and can move the island by turning the wheel.

I just started up a LOST Marathon of all four season, and the writers are gonna have a hell of a job covering everything in the 33 episodes that they have left. Anyone remember Sawyer’s Tampa Job, Libby’s psyche ward experience, the supply drops, the Degroots, and the Other’s runway? None of these mysteries really seem like priorities anymore. I’ve still got faith in the writers; I really hope they have time to cover everything.

In the context of setting up the upcoming story i thought the episode was pretty good. I'll be interesting when Des and Penny get to LA. Ben and Desmond never met on screen so it will be interesting to see what wrinkle he throws into Ben's plans.

The mention of Widmore caught me by surprise so the old man was/is an original Other??? i guess that explains why he's hunting for the island so bad.

I caught that Des named his boy Charlie. Thought that was a nice touch since Des felt guilty about Charlie's death on the island.

It was nice getting some more background on the island and it's original inhabitors. maybe we'll eventually see the explanation for the 4 toed statue.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 28, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
In the context of setting up the upcoming story i thought the episode was pretty good. I'll be interesting when Des and Penny get to LA. Ben and Desmond never met on screen so it will be interesting to see what wrinkle he throws into Ben's plans.

The mention of Widmore caught me by surprise so the old man was/is an original Other??? i guess that explains why he's hunting for the island so bad.

I caught that Des named his boy Charlie. Thought that was a nice touch since Des felt guilty about Charlie's death on the island.

It was nice getting some more background on the island and it's original inhabitors. maybe we'll eventually see the explanation for the 4 toed statue.

The statue is Richard's foot.

Another thing i noticed last night was when Faraday's group was captured the little blond looked and him and said "You just couldn't stay away could you?" and never went back to that. Lost sin't the type of show to have throw away lines so that line leaves me a bit curious.

I think maybe....just maybe that the blonde (i think her name was Elle) is a young Mrs. Faraday. she probably recognized her son but then covered it when she realized her son didn't recognize her. Then again...i did have a couple beers last night so I could be way off.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 07:03 AM)
Another thing i noticed last night was when Faraday's group was captured the little blond looked and him and said "You just couldn't stay away could you?" and never went back to that. Lost sin't the type of show to have throw away lines so that line leaves me a bit curious.

I think maybe....just maybe that the blonde (i think her name was Elle) is a young Mrs. Faraday. she probably recognized her son but then covered it when she realized her son didn't recognize her. Then again...i did have a couple beers last night so I could be way off.

Well if you remember at the start of episode 1 of the season, Faraday was in the Orchid Station with Dr. Chang, so he's definitely been on the island before somehow.

I was flipping out when Widmore said who he was on the Island. Very, very interesting plot twist there.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 08:59 AM)
Well if you remember at the start of episode 1 of the season, Faraday was in the Orchid Station with Dr. Chang, so he's definitely been on the island before somehow.

I was flipping out when Widmore said who he was on the Island. Very, very interesting plot twist there.

That was a great reveal.

Also I think they somehow Faraday's mom seeing Desmond makes him her constant or something of the sort? I am really wondering where they take this story line.

Here are some of my theories, none are exactly spoilers just its only 1 day since the last episode and some people DVR:

With it appearing that Charles Widmore was on the island and was once an "other" I now feel that the fight between Widmore and Ben is over who was chosen to lead. When Locke comes to Alpert, Alpert says something to the effect of "We have a way of selecting our leader", I believe that Widmore felt he was the most loyal to the island and would one day be the leader. When Ben turned on the Dharma initiative and killed them all, he was selected leader over Widmore. Widmore and Ben got in a fight, and Widmore was exiled from the island forever.

Since being exiled Widmore has been trying to get back to the island. In the episode where Ben and Widmore speak, Widmore tells Ben that it was "My island first". Which would support the theory that Widmore was on the island before Ben, and that he was an other before Ben, perhaps even ascending to their leader before Ben wiped out the Dharma initiative.

Locke replaced Ben, even while Ben was still there. So it is conceivable that Widmore will actually become the leader of the "others" only to then have to give it up to Ben.

It also became apparent at the end that the girl Faraday had been experimenting on was the girl on the Island. I am starting to wonder if that girl is actually Widmore's wife, aka Penny's mother and that when Faraday "sent her brain back in time" it was the equivalent of sending her to the island. There have been strange scenes all through out the series where people seem to not be able to handle "time shifting". Having to stay on proper coordinates to get to the island, the red heads current headache/nose bleed.

I believe that the sickness along with having to have a constant, is that if you are in the same time period as you actually lived that your mind begins to break down because your conscience (not sure if thats the best way to describe it, more like your inner mind) is unable to come to grips with which person it is supposed to be, whether it is the one actually living in that time period, or it is the time traveler.

Furthermore, I believe that the theory of time travel in Lost is governed by the idea that the time is on a string. And that people can jump from one place to another on the string. That currently there is a "true date" on the string, that being 3 years after the island disappeared and that no one can change events that have already happened to the "true date".

The reason why Faraday could talk with Desmond is that Desmond was actually on the string at that time and so in the future when it became the "true date" Desmond now had that new knowledge as it happened, but that interaction could not affect the past.

This is relevant with the Richard/Locke interaction. What it suggests is that interaction must have already occurred, that what these time travelers are doing in the past is not new, but what already must have happened.

Why was Alpert at the hospital on Lockes birth?

Locke told him to be there.

Why did Richard follow Lockes life?

Because Locke had already come to the Island and told Richard that he was going to be their leader one day.

Thus I believe that actions in the past can only affect things after the "true date".

Thus every time the people who are left on the island jump to another point in time, it had to have already happened.

In some ways it suggests that perhaps you can not change the future or the past, because they both already have happened. If time is truly a string, then the string exists past the "true date". The reason that I say this is, if Locke had already gone back in time to tell Alpert of his birth, then it was also necessary that Locke would one day move the island. When Locke was born and Richard was there, it was already determined that Locke would have to move the island so that he could have that conversation with Richard.

If Locke never moves the island, Richard is never there, thus they both must happen regardless of any intervening events.

The problem is that there may not be any real rules to "time" on Lost.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jan 29, 2009 -> 10:08 AM)
Poking around some of the boards, unless the writers are trying to make it too obvious(which they have done before),

-Not only is Ms. Hawking Daniels mom, but "Ellie", the female solider on the island, is a young Ms. Hawking. Eloise Hawking is Ms.Hawkings full name, and if you remember, when Daniel is doing his rat maze, the rat he uses in front of Desmond is named Eloise.

I knew it, s***. So is Desmond finds his mom outside of the Island, what does that accomplish?