2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 19, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
anybody know why we don't play boston more than twice a year? and it isn't just this year, this is like every year, the last time we played them more than two series (home once/away once) was in 2000, and 2003

probably not a particular reason for it, just found it curious

because they are in the AL East

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tealeafreaderii @ May 19, 2008 -> 09:19 AM)
Who are the sox going to face against the tribe? CC, Westbrook and Fausta?

sabathia byrd laffey....its good we miss lee and fausto, though lee did just get hit hard by the reds...and fausto lost to them too

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 18, 2008 -> 10:02 PM)
we've now eclipsed the "Mighty" tigers in Runs Scored on the year with 200 vs 192

and also LOL @ us only playing 16 total home games so far vs 27 away games, who made this bulls*** schedule? we're the only team in the american league with less than 19 games played at home (CHW: 9-7(16), TOR: 10-9(19))

BS if you ask me

The harder your schedule is to start off, the easier it is later in the year. I think most people looked at our schedule and said that the opening of it was the hardest part this year. Not a lot of off days, lots of road games, etc. To get through that on top of the division and now have a chance to start going after a few teams in our own park might be fairly nice.

anyone else hearing Coop on 670 telling these Freddy Garcia stories? it's great

EDIT:

1) that before Game 4 of the World Series, Freddy told Coop "Make your plans."

2) Freddy would go on those little walks around the mound sometimes to let "his arm come back to life." yikes.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 19, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
anyone else hearing Coop on 670 telling these Freddy Garcia stories? it's great

EDIT:

1) that before Game 4 of the World Series, Freddy told Coop "Make your plans."

2) Freddy would go on those little walks around the mound sometimes to let "his arm come back to life." yikes.

Freddy had an incredible 2006 (innings eater, ERA below league average, good WHIP) in 2006 considering his loss of velocity and the fact that his arm was apparently beat to s***. IIRC, he added a pitch at the end that resulted in a great September. Too bad his arm just couldn't take any more.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ May 19, 2008 -> 12:36 PM)
Freddy had an incredible 2006 (innings eater, ERA below league average, good WHIP) in 2006 considering his loss of velocity and the fact that his arm was apparently beat to s***. IIRC, he added a pitch at the end that resulted in a great September. Too bad his arm just couldn't take any more.

Good ol' sweaty Freddy!!! :headbang

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 19, 2008 -> 02:43 AM)
because they are in the AL East

we play tampa bay more than twice this year, as well as baltimore and they're in the AL east

the point i was making was that, out of all the AL east teams, we rarely ever play boston more than twice a year

Ozzie Guillen is a crazed, bitter man.

I was catching up on my sox reading and saw this Mariotti column.

My gawd ... why does his paper let him write this stuff?

It's the same stuff every time he writes about the Sox?

It's old, vindictive. He should write about something else.

I don't get the impression Oz is crazed or bitter. I think he's a wild extrovert.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2008 -> 01:55 AM)
I was catching up on my sox reading and saw this Mariotti column.

My gawd ... why does his paper let him write this stuff?

It's the same stuff every time he writes about the Sox?

It's old, vindictive. He should write about something else.

I don't get the impression Oz is crazed or bitter. I think he's a wild extrovert.

I'll pull one of my favorite quotes from an all-time great movie, i think it fits ozzie perfectly

"Just because you are a character, doesn't mean that you have character."

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 20, 2008 -> 05:49 AM)
I'll pull one of my favorite quotes from an all-time great movie, i think it fits ozzie perfectly

Thanks, Wolf.

I made the mistake of watching Chicago Tribune Live today and witnessed Phil Rogers' douchebaggery. He pretty much expects the Indians to sweep the Sox and believes that this will be the series that the Indians start their run-away with the division. He goes on to say that the Indians pitching is superior to the White Sox (has he seen CLE bullpen lately?) and that Sox "don't have any hitters."

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 20, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
I made the mistake of watching Chicago Tribune Live today and witnessed Phil Rogers' douchebaggery. He pretty much expects the Indians to sweep the Sox and believes that this will be the series that the Indians start their run-away with the division. He goes on to say that the Indians pitching is superior to the White Sox (has he seen CLE bullpen lately?) and that Sox "don't have any hitters."

Well we beat C.C. tonight and don't see Carmona or Lee this series so his prognostication is looking good so far. In all seriousness, he should have just said "GO CUBBIES, f*** YOU WHITE SOX", because that is what he meant. No logic can back what he said, so it was just Cubbie cheerleading clearly.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

That really is a cool quote.

However while I agree Oz is a character, I am not convinced he doesn't have character.

I don't think he's a bad guy. I don't know him, but I haven't read anything that would

tell me he's a bad guy. I'm guilty of the F bombs myself sometimes.

Seems like he's a good family man and quite possibly an all around good man.

Didn't see this posted anywhere....

White Sox Interested In Figgins?

Joe Cowley lights up the rumor mill with some rumblings about the White Sox. His source says Kenny Williams is inquiring about leadoff hitters who can play second base, aside from the apparently overpriced Brian Roberts. Williams' main target may be Chone Figgins; he called Figgins "an interesting name."

Figgins, 30, is hitting .306/.421/.355 in 145 plate appearances. He's a free agent after the '09 season. Despite Chicago's interest, it's hard to picture the first-place Angels parting with him. Figgins is expected to be activated from the disabled list today after a hamstring strain. The team's other third basemen have not hit well in his absence.

I'm not sure how well he plays second these days, but Ryan Freel could fit as a Plan B. Freddy Sanchez, Cristian Guzman, Felipe Lopez, David Eckstein are other possibilities (pure speculation on my part).

One other note from Cowley - he's heard whispers that the Angels will be making a push for Joe Crede this winter. Crede is pretty much the only credible free agent option at third base.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 21, 2008 -> 05:59 PM)
I can't imagine the Angels doing a Crede for Figgins move, but if the Sox could somehow sweeten the pot and make it happen I'd be all about it.

I think this is another smoke screen is all.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 21, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
I can't imagine the Angels doing a Crede for Figgins move, but if the Sox could somehow sweeten the pot and make it happen I'd be all about it.

Chone Figgins for Crede + some prospects would be fantastic (depending on the prospects).