2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 11:17 PM)
Hate to say it but they may be a team of destiny. They are fricking amazing.

Ballgame over. Angels had 1 hit in their last 7 innings. Unreal. Hunter misplayed a fly ball that I've never seen him do in his life to allow the Twins to get the win. We have to take the attitude of fighting for the wild card as this Twins team has never choked going down the stretch in my life.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 11:09 PM)
Twins just went ahead 2-1 in the 12th. What's new. Everyone talking about how hard this road trip will be for them....they will come back with a winning record guaranteed

It wouldn't be surprising, but I don't see it happening.

I also think it's worth noting that Torii Hunter would have caught that ball if he was wearing a Twins uniform. 100% guarantee it. He probably just wasn't trying as hard because he still likes the Twins.

QUOTE (griffey17 @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:33 AM)
This road trip is going to catch up to them..it does to every team no matter how good.

We just need to keep pounding the team we are suppose to beat..as in Baltimore next week.

My thoughts exactly. They are not the best of road clubs and this may very well be the Sox' chance of making a move to get ahead of the Twins

baltimore is probably one of the best, if not the best "Bad Team" in the AL IMO, it's either them or the Tigers, orioles always seem to play us well and usually every single time we play them Bobby gets a save opp, which means the games are usually always close

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
baltimore is probably one of the best, if not the best "Bad Team" in the AL IMO, it's either them or the Tigers, orioles always seem to play us well and usually every single time we play them Bobby gets a save opp, which means the games are usually always close

and Jenks usually blows the save vs them. Who do both teams have coming up in the suspended game?

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
and Jenks usually blows the save vs them. Who do both teams have coming up in the suspended game?

Looks like Millar/Huff/Scott for Baltimore and Q/Crede/BA for us. I'm not actually sure how it works though since both teams have different personnel now though. :huh

Link to box score: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=280428104

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 23, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
Yeah. With Q and Dye coming up, there's a good chance.

BTW- Beckett's start gets moved back only to face us. What a damn joke.

Right, how insane of the Red Sox to stack their ace up against a team that right now is their direct competition for the Wild card. What a joke.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
If the Sox tie with the Twins at the end of the year, or lose by 1 game, am I going to be the only one who thinks about Opening Day and the awful job by the umpires?

Don't think about it now my man. After the "interference" call in the 10th inning today from Doug Edings, that's about as close as we're going to get to evening the score from opening day. We'll take it though.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

The rules for this game are not any different than any other game. If a player was in the game and has been replaced, he's ineligble. If a player hasn't been in the game, he been inserted for any player that isn't on the roster. Pinch hit, pinch run, defensive replacement or a new pitcher. It's not all that difficult to understand.

Carlos Quentin, Jermaine Dye, and Brian Anderson have combined for more homers on the season than the entire San Francisco Giants. Also the White Sox are going to lead the majors in homers by a wide margin barring something drastic, as they have 21 more home runs than any other team in the majors.

Anyone catch Obama on ESPN yesterday? I did not see the whole clip, but here is an excerpt...

Stuart Scott: “If the Cubs and the White Sox both make it to the World Series?

Obama: “I would be going.”

Scott: “Who would you root for?

Obama: “Oh, that's easy. White Sox. I'm not one of these fair weather fans. You go to Wrigley Field, you have a beer, beautiful people up there. People aren't watching the game. It's not serious. White Sox, that's baseball. Southside.”

Edited by Pants Rowland