Blue Jeans

Texsox

57 members have voted

1. 1. What jeans do you buy the most often?

• Levi's
    • Lee's
    • Wranglers
    • Generic (Penny's Sears Lands End etc.)
    • Upscale Designer
  2. 2. How much do you spend?

• <$20
    • >$20 <$40
    • >$40 <$75
    • >$75

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
Levi 511 are a great jean. Although I think everyone in America should be forced to wear zoobas. How great would that be.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
:huh: Is this where my age shows??? What are those?

Zubaz are what this fine fellow is wearing:

zubaz_ful.jpg

They put the ass back in class.

Mike North loves 'em if that tells you anything.

i dislike old navy jeans...they always always always tear...cheap material i think...i normally go with levis, but i also like nautica, i know its a little on the not so masculine side but i also have a few good pairs of jeans/khakis that i really like from banana republic....i have 1 pair of polo jeans that are fantastic, but i just hate spending over 45, 50 bucks on jeans

I didnt even know there were still jeans out there that were less than 75 bucks, at least not in chicago. And its not about high school thinking you are cool or not, if you go someplace nice to eat, or a social gathering, its generally known that you should at least dress up a little, and with jeans its not your acid washed wranglers. I buy generally Lucky, express, Mavi etc, nothing like the 300 dollar sevens people buy, but good, reliable jeans. Many of these are acceptable to wear with a nice shirt or jacket to a restaurant.

Since Wranglers is the only one on that list I get, then Wranglers hands down. Others: Levi, Inner City Energy, City Streets (mostly for dress pants).

2 cents, other than maybe dress pants/clothes, anyone who spends over 75 bucks for a pair of pants should be shot. BTW, I'll plan my burning of the Navy store very soon. :P

EDIT: just saw Levi on the list :lol: Man I shouldn't just quick scan the list. Levi... probably my fav, but voted for Wranglers (usually my work jeans)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 05:26 PM)
Since Wranglers is the only one on that list I get, then Wranglers hands down. Others: Levi, Inner City Energy, City Streets (mostly for dress pants).

2 cents, other than maybe dress pants/clothes, anyone who spends over 75 bucks for a pair of pants should be shot. BTW, I'll plan my burning of the Navy store very soon. :P

EDIT: just saw Levi on the list :lol: Man I shouldn't just quick scan the list. Levi... probably my fav, but voted for Wranglers (usually my work jeans)

Status. Symbol.

Agreed.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
I didnt even know there were still jeans out there that were less than 75 bucks, at least not in chicago. And its not about high school thinking you are cool or not, if you go someplace nice to eat, or a social gathering, its generally known that you should at least dress up a little, and with jeans its not your acid washed wranglers. I buy generally Lucky, express, Mavi etc, nothing like the 300 dollar sevens people buy, but good, reliable jeans. Many of these are acceptable to wear with a nice shirt or jacket to a restaurant.

Im glad you posted that. I didnt want to respond. I normally buy Seven's or Mavis and I have a pair of Diesels but the highest price on survey at 75 seems way too low considering how much stuff costs these days.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 12:07 PM)
I buy 90% of my clothing at Old Navy. They seem to be the only place I can find 32-36 pants (I'm 6'3" and barely crack 155, hummingbird-like metabolism). They also have a nice selection of medium-tall shirts so that long sleeves don't stop before my wrists.

Jeez, you must have extraordinarily long legs if you're 6'3 and have a 36 inch length.

First, I look for what fits me well, as not all brands do, then they have to be within my price range. And it definitely has to be a brand I like.

I like to look for good deals, and I have never payed over 40 for jeans.

In the past 6 months, I've gotten relaxed straight Levi's for 15 and 20 dollars (501s are uncomfortable on me :(), straight and boot cut Express jeans for 22 and 33 dollars, and some Ben Sherman straight leg jeans that fit me very well for 34.

Another of my favorite that fit me well are J. Crew, but it's more of a hassle to find those under 40.

Also, I don't really understand why any guys would wear skinny jeans. Looks weird to me, along with very uncomfortable.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 08:01 PM)
Also, I don't really understand why any guys would wear skinny jeans. Looks weird to me, along with very uncomfortable.

It's horrendously stupid. Your basically seeing the dude's junk and backside from the waist down. I have an "aquatience" who wears real tight jeans, and your course he stands out from it. (maybe a fashion sense I guess) I don't want to say what's up and you turn around and people can see your shlong. (in his case, small) It's f***ing discusting. Same with dudes who bag their jeans (I'm talkin about serious jail-type baggin) I used to do it back in H.S., but it wasn't to my freakin knee caps basically. Just to show-off/fashion sense/make a point I guess.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
It's horrendously stupid. Your basically seeing the dude's junk and backside from the waist down. I have an "aquatience" who wears real tight jeans, and your course he stands out from it. (maybe a fashion sense I guess) I don't want to say what's up and you turn around and people can see your shlong. (in his case, small) It's f***ing discusting. Same with dudes who bag their jeans (I'm talkin about serious jail-type baggin) I used to do it back in H.S., but it wasn't to my freakin knee caps basically. Just to show-off/fashion sense/make a point I guess.

I am soooo buying you a dictionary for Christmas, Ace.

:D