Blue Jeans

Texsox

57 members have voted

1. 1. What jeans do you buy the most often?

• Levi's
    • Lee's
    • Wranglers
    • Generic (Penny's Sears Lands End etc.)
    • Upscale Designer
  2. 2. How much do you spend?

• <$20
    • >$20 <$40
    • >$40 <$75
    • >$75

Well, I'm going to go with what some of the apparently younger, single guys have said...it's all about what the women are digging...if you're married or over the age of 40 or so, you should probably go with what's most comfortable- nothing wrong with a nice pair of Levi's, A&F, whatever...but if you're single, live in a somewhat urban area (such as Chicago), and below the age of 40, you should probably try something a little trendier...and I'm not saying you have to go out and spend $250 on a pair of Rock and Republics or Diesels, but it never hurts to buy something that shows off your caboose a bit for the ladies. Ask any woman what they like about men in a pair of jeans (or why they watch baseball or football for that matter), and many will tell you I like a man who has a nice ass. I know it's not manly to talk about, but it's true.

So if you're single like me, I don't see anything wrong in investing a couple hundred bucks in a few nice-fitting, reasonably-trendy pairs of denim.

Now obviously if you live in some of the more southern areas, the women there tend to like the old school Levi's more than a $200 pair of Sevens...but for those of us here near Chicago...those don't really fly with the ladies unless you are married or older...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say designer jeans. I have two to three pairs of seven's and than a pair or two of lucky's. Jeans are pretty much all I wear (aside from when I'm at work and am in my slacks and a dress shirt). That said I probably paid around 75 bucks for the Seven's and 40 for the Lucky's and have had most of them for a couple years now (my mom works in the clothing industry so I can get stuff for super cheap). They last long, hold a good color, and look good (throw on a dress shirt and you can pretty much go to any nice restaurant/bar/club).

Funny thing is when it comes to my work slacks, I pretty much could give a s*** what brand they are (pretty much all of my work pants are dockers, aside from the couple suit slacks I have for when I have an important meeting and got to suit up).

I remember when Karl Kani,Girbaud and Cross Colors were the most popular brands of jeans.I was particulary into the Girbaud jeans just because of the tag on the crotch showed you had an expensive pair of jeans.Iam still superficial but not as bad as I used to be. :D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)
$30 for a case of 8 oz. cans online..............orrrrrrrrr so I've heard!!!

:lol:

Of course, it all Depends on whether or not you need it!!!

I'd come over there and slap you for that bad geriatric pun. . . but instead I'll just sit here until my ED medication wears off.

:unsure:

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 09:07 AM)
I remember when Karl Kani,Girbaud and Cross Colors were the most popular brands of jeans.I was particulary into the Girbaud jeans just because of the tag on the crotch showed you had an expensive pair of jeans.Iam still superficial but not as bad as I used to be. :D

Yep I remember wearing Girbaud, but that was hardly my worst crotch advertising pant. That award has to go to Z Cavaricci. I had like ten different pairs of them and then they came out with them in Jeans. I bought dark, light, stone washed. It was ridiculous. I swear I worked back then just to pay for my clothes. Now there's a bunch of homeless peeps wearing my cavs. Hopefully they got some of my IOU sweatshirts to pair with em.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
All y'all people wearing some cruddy jeans other than Levi's are probably the same shifty people who like ketchup on their hotdogs.

:ph34r:

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)
Apparently you've never been to Texas...

PA understands :cheers down here it's

Wrangler, if they're good 'nuff for George Strait, they're good 'nuff for me. Slightly long so they "stack" on my boots properly.

As long as Steve and Barrys is around I wont pay more than 9 bucks for a pair of jeans. The jeans last just as long as the more expensive ones and they look pretty damn similiar as well.

Steve and Barrys University Store

Edited by southsideirish71

I hate Wranglers so much. They have never fit me comfortably, and I always feel stiff and awkward walking around in them.

I buy mine from Aeropostale. It's like $20 for a pair of jeans, they last for about a a year or two, and they are comfortable as hell. Whether they are trendy or not, I have no clue nor care, but they seem good enough for me and I love them.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 09:01 AM)
please, continue the tour of Michigan City and Southsider's house....

And ladies and gentlemen, is an example of one too many jokes. Professionals call this painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa. :P

QUOTE(3E8 @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 11:38 AM)
attn: DBAH0

How easy is it to get ksubi jeans in Austraila and much do they cost ($US)? Here they are near impossible to get and expensive as hell

I'll do some research for you 3E8 and find out. I've heard of the brand before, but not sure of the price etc. off the top of my head.

As for the jeans, I'm strictly a levi's man. Got 2 pairs at the Levi's Outlet in Phoenix when I was there a few years ago. Got a dark blue (really not sure why now), and a lighter blue pair, which I wear pretty much all of the time when I'm going out and wearing long pants.

I need to get a few more pairs though.