Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 09:49 PM)
You gotta be used to it by now. :P

I was supposed to go to that game, but stuff happened and I didn't get out of town. Evansville will be in for a rough year, but it would have been nice to get this first one. They played terribly in the first half and climbed their way all the way back, taking the lead in the final minute. But Samford got the ball back with 15 seconds left and milked the clock down and sank the game winner with one second left, pulling out a 50-49 win.

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 05:32 PM)
Yup, giving up 51 is unacceptable to me!

Heh, I'm being serious man. A few guys still need to catch up to the speed of college ball(mostly Cornelius here) but there are things defensively that need to be worked on. Lots of fouls today which needs to be cleaned up and hopefully it will be. You guys are going to be amazed watching the offense though, it's a complete 360 from the last two years.

Anyways, most importantly, I completely overreacted about the whole Josh Bone situation. Turns out that the shoulder injury is much less severe than originally thought and he's probably going to play on Saturday.

Just a little fun note too, Tyrone Green literally broke the rim today on a dunk of his.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 11, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
You guys are going to be amazed watching the offense though, it's a complete 360 from the last two years.

So it is the same as the last two years? :o

Way to make us alumni look by by showing off that SIU education. :P

question for the indiana fans: any truth to the a.j. ratliff rumors? apparently he wasn't on the team bench over the weekend and there are questions about his future with the program.

Edited by thedoctor

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Nov 12, 2007 -> 09:11 AM)
question for the indiana fans: any truth to the a.j. ratliff rumors? apparently he wasn't on the team bench over the weekend and there are questions about his future with the program.

A.J. Ratliff has not been kicked off Indiana’s basketball team, according to IU basketball spokesman J.D. Campbell.

Ratliff is still part of Indiana’s basketball program, Campbell said, and will be on the bench for tonight’s season-opener against Chattanooga.

Campbell did not explain Ratliff’s absence from the bench for IU’s exhibition game Saturday against Pembroke, saying that is between coach Kelvin Sampson and the team.

Ratliff will be on the bench in street clothes. As previously reported, he is academically ineligible to play during the first semester.

Man, do you know how many years its been since I linked to the Herald Times? Wow, I feel excited by this.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Nov 12, 2007 -> 12:46 PM)
cool, thanks. i was unaware he was ineligible for the first semester.

Probably the reason the rumor had any kind of smoke.

I liked AJ a lot, though he hasn't really lived up to Mr. Basketball potential. However, I have a hard time seeing him getting much PT with the personnel we have, when he can't come back into the lineup until after first semester's over.

My understanding the reason AJ was not there was he was in study hall. He is ineligible the first semester and still has to get the grades to be eligible the 2nd. It's not a given.

If, and I think he will, becomes eligible, there will be a time when AJ steps up and helps this team. Whether it is when some of the guards are in foul trouble or just having an off-shooting night. I think you will see some inconsistency in Jordan Crawford so AJ will sneak in some minutes. We need his veteran presence without his head up his ass to win going down the stretch.

OFF TO WATCH THE GAME...

GO HOOSIERS!!

The NIT is screaming for a big-time upset. I just haven't decided wether it will be 'Cuse against Siena/SJU or OSU against W-GB/Delaware State. Maybe even Utah over Washington.

I must say though that I actually like how the NIT challenges it's hosts to make it out of their regional unlike all other preseason tournaments.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 2, 2007 -> 10:47 PM)
So Grand Valley State beat MSU today in an exhibition.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 3, 2007 -> 12:24 PM)
Michigan State loses to Grand Valley State

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
Is it true Michigan State just lost an exhibition game to a D2 school?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 4, 2007 -> 10:53 AM)
Yes, Grand Valley State in 2OT.

But it's just an exhibition game, so no biggie.

BOOYAH! GO GRAND VALLEY!

Just thought I'd throw that in there.