• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of stuff going on:

FSU did finish off Florida.

BYU takes down Louisville in Vegas

IlSU hung with IU all the way through but IU pulls away late in the 2nd half

Tenn and WVU in a battle

UCLA and Washington State both being played tough later in the first half right now.

I saw a very uninspired effort tonight. Too much one on one play and not enough ball movement. Losing Armon Bassett for the 2nd half really hurt. They don't involve DJ enough. I still don't see NBA potential in him.

They better play better than that or SIU will blow them out next Saturday!

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
Did some of you seriously mention women's basketball?? :huh:

The same guy that keeps mentioning Iowa State basketball. Looks like they have 2 girls teams. Self High 5!!!

Texas Tech takes down #14 Gonzaga 73-63. I absolutely love this team. Zeno was absolute garbage all night long and finished with 4 points and more turnovers than points, but the freshmen and Alan Voskuil led the team again. Voskuil had the best guard performance I have ever seen on the collegiate level. He scored about 28, but did absolutely everything else. He got all the clutch rebounds, got several steals, made clutch assists and couldn't be stopped from driving or from 3's. Amazing.

John Roberson is a terrific freshmen PG. He's as quick as anyone in the nation and already is a dominant defender and an excellent passer. Roberson, Roberts, and Singletary are playing very well as freshmen and along with Voskuil are making Zeno's contributions a bonus.

man, depaul loses at home to north carolina a & t 96-93. what's up with that?

nice game for draelon burns though with 32 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, and two steals. freshman dar tucker had 20 points and 7 boards.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 25, 2007 -> 01:14 AM)
If you haven't had a chance to see Kenny George at North Carolina-Ashville, you should see him. He's 7'8 360 pounds, and is actually playing well this year. I watched him play against UNC last year and he didn't even have to jump to dunk the ball.

george is from chicago. i think he played at latin.

i know he had a lot of injury issues back in the day, but it's good to hear he's at least still playing.

Indiana has a terrible shooting night and gets pounded by Xavier 80-65.

Xavier was impressive, pounding the offensive glass and clogging the middle. IU was 1-13 for 3-pointers late in the game, not sure where exactly they ended up. Gordon had 18 points, 12-12 from the FT line. IU wasn't just bad from 3-land, they had mid-range jumpers rim out consistently and missed bunnies in the lane (in heavy traffic mostly). But give Xavier credit, they made it difficult and they played well offensively, pounding it inside and crashing the boards, taking advantage of IU's foul troubles.

On to GA Tech in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge Tuesday night!

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 09:58 PM)
Indiana has a terrible shooting night and gets pounded by Xavier 80-65.

Xavier was impressive, pounding the offensive glass and clogging the middle. IU was 1-13 for 3-pointers late in the game, not sure where exactly they ended up. Gordon had 18 points, 12-12 from the FT line. IU wasn't just bad from 3-land, they had mid-range jumpers rim out consistently and missed bunnies in the lane (in heavy traffic mostly). But give Xavier credit, they made it difficult and they played well offensively, pounding it inside and crashing the boards, taking advantage of IU's foul troubles.

On to GA Tech in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge Tuesday night!

Just got back from the game. IU as you said just had a miserable shooting night, nothing would fall. The defense and rebounding were terrible by IU though, that's what they really need to work on. You're going to have shooting nights like that every now and than but defense and rebounding should be a constant.

Xavier is a really good team though and they were just the much better team out there tonight.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 11:23 PM)
Fun game for the final in Vegas. UNC is going to pull it out. Very nice W for the TarHeels with out Lawson for pretty much the whole game against a pretty good Mormon team.

Ahem. Stormin' Mormons.

So, Row, you follow the MVC. Is Bradley supposed to be any good this year or should we be ashamed of that loss. I'm not trying to be a smartass, but I know Crouch and Ruffin are good. I'd like to think we just tripped up with a young team on the road, plus a Minnesota team that just has a lot of seniors and a good coach.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)
Ahem. Stormin' Mormons.

So, Row, you follow the MVC. Is Bradley supposed to be any good this year or should we be ashamed of that loss. I'm not trying to be a smartass, but I know Crouch and Ruffin are good. I'd like to think we just tripped up with a young team on the road, plus a Minnesota team that just has a lot of seniors and a good coach.

I apologize. I shall never F that up again.

Bradley was picked 2nd in the Valley but they have the same exact problems as they did last season. They have no inside game and their defense is spotty. Ruffin and Crouch are one of the best backcourts in the nation but they can only do so much. If I had to guess I'd say they'll finish somewhere around the middle of the league.

IMO the league with be dominated by SIU and CU, again.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
I apologize. I shall never F that up again.

Bradley was picked 2nd in the Valley but they have the same exact problems as they did last season. They have no inside game and their defense is spotty. Ruffin and Crouch are one of the best backcourts in the nation but they can only do so much. If I had to guess I'd say they'll finish somewhere around the middle of the league.

IMO the league with be dominated by SIU and CU, again.

I've been impressed by Les as a coach, and if he wasn't an alum, you think he'd get hired away in the near future.

It still pains me to see the guy I really wanted, Turgeon, get off to a hot start at aTm. I do think UNI is headed back into mediocrity, though.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 24, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)
I've been impressed by Les as a coach, and if he wasn't an alum, you think he'd get hired away in the near future.

It still pains me to see the guy I really wanted, Turgeon, get off to a hot start at aTm. I do think UNI is headed back into mediocrity, though.

We'll see how Les does this year, some BU fans like him and some don't(but I guess for the most part it's like that with a lot of fan bases and coaches).

Bird man certainly inherited a nice team there at A&M, he was pretty much thought of as a god by Wichita State fans before he bolted, now he's the devil.

Agreed on UNI.

Edited by Rowand44