Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Semrau and Carlwell are both coming off life threatening injuries that took away the vast majority of their offseason, and Jordan is a walk on. But even once McCamey takes his spot in the starting lineup, a bench of Meacham, Cole, Tisdale, Brock, and TBD based on matchups isn't a bad thing. It's a shame Mike Davis didn't redshirt though, we'll regret it ala Shaun Pruitt and Warren Carter in a few years IMO.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
To be fair, Semrau and Carlwell are both coming off life threatening injuries that took away the vast majority of their offseason, and Jordan is a walk on. But even once McCamey takes his spot in the starting lineup, a bench of Meacham, Cole, Tisdale, Brock, and TBD based on matchups isn't a bad thing. It's a shame Mike Davis didn't redshirt though, we'll regret it ala Shaun Pruitt and Warren Carter in a few years IMO.

I've said this for a month now, but Carlwell and Semrau won't be in the program for 4 seasons.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
Which is sad, because both should have been solid contributors. Probably more so with Semrau since he lit up most of Ohio in his high school days.

yeah, semrau was a good high school player, but he played in one of ohio's smallest divisions in a christian school league. typically he'd play one or two tough teams a year, so his numbers were a bit inflated. i would not be surprised to see him move on.

i'm not convinced carlwell will leave yet, however, although it's apparent he's already been passed by tisdale. still, athletic seven-footers are valuable and i hope he can overcome his issues.

it is another example of the inexact science that are recruiting rankings. carlwell was a heralded recruit and had the requisite star ranking that everyone pants over. on the other hand, you have tisdale, a kid with a low star ranking from a small school. some were down on him just because of that ranking, but it appears he will be the better player for illinois.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
I'm going somewhere to watch it, just not sure where yet.

It shouldnt even be an issue for you, Im positive that Pinch and the Cellar are going to have the game on. And if you are home, you can head out to CBN to meet up with Salukibob and the bunch for the game(even though it is at CBN ;) )

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
It shouldnt even be an issue for you, Im positive that Pinch and the Cellar are going to have the game on. And if you are home, you can head out to CBN to meet up with Salukibob and the bunch for the game(even though it is at CBN ;) )

CBN was the original plan since it's literally a minute away from my house, not sure if all the other ST'ers are going to be there. Just have to make sure they're going to be showing it there.

SC State-UNC game is probably going to have a retarded ending. SC State has 17 fouls already with 4 minutes to go in the 1st half and UNC already has 53 points.

Now 20 fouls with 2 minutes left. Ridiculous.

Edited by Palehosefan

This is going to sound like complaining about tonight's game but it really is just complaining about calls in Duke games in general. I still don't understand how any time a Duke player gets bumped or touch it is a foul, but Duke is allowed to use their hands constantly on defense.