Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 22, 2007 -> 12:40 AM)
It's amazing how good the freshman class is. Beasley, Singler, Mayo, Griffin, Rose, Koufos, Bayless, and Love are just sensational talents.

Hell yeah, and how about even that Australian kid on St. Mary's that dropped 36 or 38 on #11 Oregon in that upset last night. Going to be a lot of freshman in the lotto next summer for the draft.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Cubillan guy on Marquette wins douche of the day. He made 2 shots and showboat celebrated after each one. First of all, if you are going to be an ass, at least be good. Don't celebrate when you have 6 freaking points. Second, the first one he made wasn't even in a crucial juncture. Why would he be celebrating? I hope he breaks a leg.

27 to 15 in the fouls department, thanks Hightower. Jackass.

Pretty happy with the performance tonight. James is shooting a lot better, he had several shots that went in-and-out. A couple ill-advised shots during the game (one by McNeal, one by James and a poor drive decision by Acker) but overall I come away a lot more comfortable with this team. With an improved Hayward our offense will be improved from last year.

And about Cubillan... well, yeah, kind of a showboat. I'd hate him on another team but he's on the team I'm a fan of, so...

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 22, 2007 -> 05:50 PM)
Hell yeah, and how about even that Australian kid on St. Mary's that dropped 36 or 38 on #11 Oregon in that upset last night. Going to be a lot of freshman in the lotto next summer for the draft.

Patrick Mills is his name. He made waves down here for how he played for the Australian National Team a few months back.

He's small for a PG but he's lightning quick. Reminds me of a Jameer Nelson type of PG actually.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 22, 2007 -> 02:31 AM)
27 to 15 in the fouls department, thanks Hightower. Jackass.

The thing I hate most about him is how announcers ALWAYS end up talking about how great he is. It's one thing for a guy to suck at his job like Hightower, but the fact we always hear how he's some sort of superior ref when he's one of the worst refs in sports history drives me nuts.

Patrick Mills is his name. He made waves down here for how he played for the Australian National Team a few months back.

He's small for a PG but he's lightning quick. Reminds me of a Jameer Nelson type of PG actually.

We will see a lot of him the next few years, St. Mary's is young and loaded. They look to be the team that can finally challenge Gonzaga in the WCC.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Don't get me started on the announcers. I love how they dance around it, too. There was an exchange where Raffetery (sp?) said something like, "Duke usually makes more free throws than their opponent takes!" Any objective mind would question why that is, but of course it's always attributed to Duke players just "knowing" how to get to the line.

What a crock.

I'm not terribly worried about that game. I don't think anyone on Marquette played terribly. Wes Matthews finally stepped up a bit, Hayward looks like he's improved a bunch and even James was impressive -- I've really enjoyed watching Dominic cause havoc defensively. Not that this was a fantastic defensive effort, mind you, but as I said earlier, just like the U of I posters in this thread, I come away comfortable despite the fact that we won't be taking home the title.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
There has to be SOMEWHERE, this is driving me nuts.

Yay, thank god for relatives whose house I wasn't planning on going to for thanksgiving.

Anyways, besides the SIU game at 3, I'm really looking forward to GMU-KSU and WKU-Zags today. Both should be excellent games.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 22, 2007 -> 04:56 PM)
Bone 2/7 from 2 point land. SIU up 20 in the 2nd half.

Falker with 14.

Josh just had an off shooting night, they were good shots, ones he'll usually make. Randal finally came out of his f'n shell, hopefully he's good to go now.

First real test tomorrow.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 23, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
Josh F'N BONE!!!!!

Ya, he's good. Nice to have a guy that can kill a freakin zone by nailing NBA threes. He just tore that zone of their's apart. Randal has been fantastic the last two games, absolute domination. Mullins is a freakin machine.

Good game today, crappy first half, loved the way we played in the 2nd half. Hopefully we can take down USC-Miami(OH) on Sunday and then have the fun one against IU.

Mullins is ridiculously quick with his hands when he is one on one. I watched his ESPN highlight when he picked that kids pocket from UT-Chattanooga, and he just shadowed the kid until you see his hand flash, and the ball is in the air with Mullins getting an easy layup.

If Falker can consistently make his free throws, he can book MVC MVP this year. After the exhibition season ended, his light flipped on and he is playing awesome.

I love the SIU support in Anaheim, thats pretty cool to have such a vocal following out there.

Edited by kyyle23