Official 2008-2009 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 10:55 PM)
What a douche. Chad Johnson may legally change his last name to "OchoCinco" so he can have it on the back of his jersey. I think "Overrated" would fit better.

He's not really overrated at all. He's that good. I don't know why so many people hate on a guy who makes the league fun. He's entertaining. He doesn't go off and get arrested like so many players in the NFL. You never heard him causing trouble or having problems off the field such as Brian Urlacher or Lance Briggs. He goes about his business, works hard and is passionate about the sport he plays.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 08:09 AM)
He's not really overrated at all. He's that good. I don't know why so many people hate on a guy who makes the league fun. He's entertaining. He doesn't go off and get arrested like so many players in the NFL. You never heard him causing trouble or having problems off the field such as Brian Urlacher or Lance Briggs. He goes about his business, works hard and is passionate about the sport he plays.

Briggs I will give you, Urlacher shouldnt have to have his baby mamma drama posted all over the front page. Thats low grade journalism. Divorces and custody cases arent anyones business but the parties involved, and Urlachers kids mom is quite the glamor hungry gold digger

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)
Briggs I will give you, Urlacher shouldnt have to have his baby mamma drama posted all over the front page. Thats low grade journalism. Divorces and custody cases arent anyones business but the parties involved, and Urlachers kids mom is quite the glamor hungry gold digger

I'm going to second this... Briggs is a s***head of a person. Urlacher, contract squabble aside, is mostly a stand-up guy who doesn't react well to the harsh media spotlight getting into his personal life. Plus his baby's mama is a certified crazy b****, and we really shouldn't be ripping on him for that.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)
What a douche. Chad Johnson may legally change his last name to "OchoCinco" so he can have it on the back of his jersey. I think "Overrated" would fit better.

Chad Johnson is "rated" as one of the best WRs in the NFL, and he is, in fact, one of the best WRs in the NFL. How is he overrated? He's an egotistical loudmouth, I give you that, but most of what he does is all in good fun (saying he's going to punch Ray Lewis in the mouth, talking trash after beating a horse in a race, etc).

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 08:13 AM)

Urlacher is a huge douche. Try meeting him in person. And I'm talking more than once or twice. I'm also not the only person who shares this thought. I'm suprised no one has called him out on the fact that he doesn't tip at all like people do with Pippen. And no, I did not wait his tables. I have some friends that work at Grand Victoria.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 11:19 AM)
Urlacher is a huge douche. Try meeting him in person. And I'm talking more than once or twice. I'm also not the only person who shares this thought. I'm suprised no one has called him out on the fact that he doesn't tip at all like people do with Pippen. And no, I did not wait his tables. I have some friends that work at Grand Victoria.

That doesnt put him in the same boat as someone who leaves a crashed lamborghini on the expressway. And I dont see how that makes him any different from Chad Johnson. I never hear about Johnson being the nicest person in the world when he is threatening to boycott camp for more money and demanding to be traded and shopping himself to other teams while under contract with the Bengals.

Might want to rethink that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...s?urn=nfl,70610

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 12, 2008 -> 11:55 PM)

I think it's hilarious and I generally never get tired of Chad Johnson's act.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
That doesnt put him in the same boat as someone who leaves a crashed lamborghini on the expressway. And I dont see how that makes him any different from Chad Johnson. I never hear about Johnson being the nicest person in the world when he is threatening to boycott camp for more money and demanding to be traded and shopping himself to other teams while under contract with the Bengals.

It doesn't put Urlacher in the same boat, but the way he talks to his baby's mother is pretty god awful too. As far as I know, with Lance, he doesn't threaten them or yell at them in front of the children, he just lies to them. Yeah it's pretty bad, but Urlacher is no better of a man in my eyes. He's a huge douche unless you put money in front of him and if you say hello, the guy treats you as if he knows he's way above you.

As far as Chad, he was handling business. It's no different than any other holdout players. In fact, I change that. He held out because he wanted a better chance to win. He wanted to put the Bengals on notice that they need to keep some players or obtain some players to make the playoffs again. Not out of greed for money like Urlacher.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)

As far as that, I didn't know about it and won't pretend to. That definitely is a douche thing to do though.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 09:07 AM)
It doesn't put Urlacher in the same boat, but the way he talks to his baby's mother is pretty god awful too.

pfft. This is his own personal business. Frankly, we don't know what his baby's mother acts like, but from the bits and pieces I've gathered, I know enough to draw some tentative conclusions. Sounds like a perfect case of not acting like you deserve respect.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 09:21 AM)
pfft. This is his own personal business. Frankly, we don't know what his baby's mother acts like, but from the bits and pieces I've gathered, I know enough to draw some tentative conclusions. Sounds like a perfect case of not acting like you deserve respect.

She is a crazy b****. She tried to sue Michael Flatley for millions(IIRC for rape) and lost the suit, now he is countersuing

edit: She LOST the suit and now owes Flatley 11 million bucks.

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Michael_Fla...suit_11568.html

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 08:21 AM)

And what about the way he speaks to people, sometimes in his own circle? I guess he's the golden boy of the football team though.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 14, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
And what about the way he speaks to people, sometimes in his own circle? I guess he's the golden boy of the football team though.

These are not things I really think or care about. As long as he isn't breaking the law I don't care about his personal life, or his personal business between him and his crazy baby's mother.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 13, 2008 -> 10:19 AM)

He was a nice guy when I met him.