College drinking

The Beast

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
so who has an unofficial story?

This is my fourth year of college, go to ISU, went to unofficial to see the girlfriend since she moved to champaign. Probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'm just sayin. The bars all had a cover charge, which is stupid for a college bar in the first place. Nothing crazy going on, but maybe I just don't get it?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kjshoe04 @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)
This is my fourth year of college, go to ISU, went to unofficial to see the girlfriend since she moved to champaign. Probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'm just sayin. The bars all had a cover charge, which is stupid for a college bar in the first place. Nothing crazy going on, but maybe I just don't get it?

For me it would be the getting up way early JUST to drink that makes it somewhat unattractive.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
so who has an unofficial story?

things seemed really tame this year.

But when's the next time I'm going to be able to go to a bar at noon with a bunch of my friends and have it be somewhat full..

It was an enjoyable, but definitely not rowdy day this year.

QUOTE(SnB @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
things seemed really tame this year.

But when's the next time I'm going to be able to go to a bar at noon with a bunch of my friends and have it be somewhat full..

It was an enjoyable, but definitely not rowdy day this year.

Having cops at every corner tends to calm things down a bit.

I can't say this should belong in here. But last weekend I went to a costume party, designed a costume as a 10 key (hell, I'm an accountant so I wanted to make fun of that fact) and than afterwards went out to the bars absolutely trashed. To say the least, it was a great night.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:06 PM)
I can't say this should belong in here. But last weekend I went to a costume party, designed a costume as a 10 key (hell, I'm an accountant so I wanted to make fun of that fact) and than afterwards went out to the bars absolutely trashed. To say the least, it was a great night.

You're a rascal.

QUOTE(The Beast @ Feb 28, 2008 -> 11:40 PM)
Yeah, especially since the debate is over. You know, I'm going to ask for a video camera for my birthday, go around campus and put drunk video tapes on youtube or blue box. :lolhitting

Boy will they look stupid going out and having fun when you are following these strangers around video taping them because you think they are beneath you. POST THE YOUTUBE LINK!!!!!

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
Boy will they look stupid going out and having fun when you are following these strangers around video taping them because you think they are beneath you. POST THE YOUTUBE LINK!!!!!

I'll pay you to film the stupid s*** I do. I always wish I could see more of me drunk on tv. As long as it isn't me drunk getting arrested.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
I'll pay you to film the stupid s*** I do. I always wish I could see more of me drunk on tv. As long as it isn't me drunk getting arrested.

Right when cell phones started having video capabilities me and my friends had a website where we posted all the videos we took when we were out. Man that was a great site.

hey guyz this is my first drunik post ion sonxtalka dn i'm making sure not tho use the aackbspace button cuz its more funthat way . :) wow. i just did pterribley. that was pretty mda dotto. s***. that was supposed to say that was pretty bad too. sweet that went really well. that too. ok i'm done. just figured i'd say hi.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:31 PM)

We've gotten over the fact that I think "people are beneath me", man. Move on.

The Group formerly known as the Rowand's Rowdies, now the Dirty Thirties, would like to add our thoughts into this. As far as Beast goes, this is a very easy diagnosis.

He has

NEVER

BEEN

DRUNK

Plain and simple. It's like saying you don't like ice cream before you try it. Or that people that get into fights are pussies when you haven't been in one. If you haven't tried something (short of certain drugs), don't rip people for doing it. Alcohol is the cause, but also the solution to many of life's problems as the great Homer Simpson once said. College is not all about learning from books and professors. It's about learning about life. Learn about other people, who you like, who you don't. It's about eating ramen noodles and barely affording books and finding a way to go out to the bar. You are 19, you are young. If you think just because it's illegal until you are 21 it is wrong, you are wrong. How many kids under 21 go fight and die for the country? How many under 21 year olds are given credit cards to abuse? How many are given excessive loans? They can smoke cigarettes, which are, and many times are worse.

You, sir, are the Donatello of the Turtles. You need to be more like Mike. If you try drinking and don't like it after a few times, be the designated dave. We all need one of them. And we will pay for your food when you drive us to Taco Bell on the way home. Peace.

:gosox4:

Edited by rowand's rowdies

QUOTE(rowand's rowdies @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
The Group formerly known as the Rowand's Rowdies, now the Dirty Thirties, would like to add our thoughts into this. As far as Beast goes, this is a very easy diagnosis.

He has

NEVER

BEEN

DRUNK

Plain and simple. It's like saying you don't like ice cream before you try it. Or that people that get into fights are pussies when you haven't been in one. If you haven't tried something (short of certain drugs), don't rip people for doing it. Alcohol is the cause, but also the solution to many of life's problems as the great Homer Simpson once said. College is not all about learning from books and professors. It's about learning about life. Learn about other people, who you like, who you don't. It's about eating ramen noodles and barely affording books and finding a way to go out to the bar. You are 19, you are young. If you think just because it's illegal until you are 21 it is wrong, you are wrong. How many kids under 21 go fight and die for the country? How many under 21 year olds are given credit cards to abuse? How many are given excessive loans? They can smoke cigarettes, which are, and many times are worse.

You, sir, are the Donatello of the Turtles. You need to be more like Mike. If you try drinking and don't like it after a few times, be the designated dave. We all need one of them. And we will pay for your food when you drive us to Taco Bell on the way home. Peace.

Thanks, but I'm not changing anything. This has already been established several times.

QUOTE(rowand's rowdies @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)

He has

NEVER

BEEN

DRUNK

Well said. Bravo!

QUOTE(rowand's rowdies @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)

He has

NEVER

BEEN

DRUNK

Pretty much what i've been meaning to say but have too lazy to type

QUOTE(rowand's rowdies @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)

He has

NEVER

BEEN

DRUNK

College is also for selling your health insurance policy given to you by the school for 150 dollars cash, those tricky sons of b****es