3/3 Game Thread, Sox/Royals

SnB

QUOTE(Princess Dye @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 03:42 PM)
Alexei may be the Cuban defecting version of Jose Valentin. a train robber mustache away.

that would instantly make him my second favorite player of all time to Jose Valentin

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
We're spending a lot of money now on what's still a pretty weak bullpen.

I disagree. I think it will probably be pretty strong - just as long as MacDougal isn't in it. I personally think a pen of Jenks-Linebrink-Dotel-Logan-Wassermann-Thornton-Broadway/Masset would be decent.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 10:10 PM)
I disagree. I think it will probably be pretty strong - just as long as MacDougal isn't in it. I personally think a pen of Jenks-Linebrink-Dotel-Logan-Wassermann-Thornton-Broadway/Masset would be decent.

Like the last two seasons, it seems like it's Jenks and a crapshoot. Dotel staying healthy is one of the keys to our season. Linebrink is just not very good, and the rest of the guys you mentioned are huge question marks.

QUOTE(Pants Rowland @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
Did I need to put it in green? It is just being talked about a lot around here.

Well there ARE a lot of moronic statements made on here, so the lack of green made me think it was yet another. And yes, sadly, Crede is going to get traded and that's the bottom line.

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)
Like the last two seasons, it seems like it's Jenks and a crapshoot. Dotel staying healthy is one of the keys to our season. Linebrink is just not very good, and the rest of the guys you mentioned are huge question marks.

Career ERA of 3.21 for Linebrink. More than a half run better than Dotel (3.76), who you view as solid when healthy.

Edited by lvjeremylv

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 04:13 PM)

Of course they are question marks. That's the nature of the bullpen. But your statement that we are spending a lot of money on something not so good, is kind of early, isn't it? I think its really unlikely they'd do as bad as the 2007 pen. But we'll have to see.