March 4th Primaries

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:28 PM)
Great run for Huckabee with the little amount of resources he had.

Yea, he did pretty good. Kind of looked bad staying in so long, but he just gave a great exit speech.

Whoa - Clinton just made a big jump in TX. Looks like maybe some of the border counties are reporting. She's now only down about 45k votes.

On a seperate note... John McCain isn't so great at speeches. He's got the teleprompter stare going on.

Clinton's going to take Texas AND Ohio. It's the SNL effect. I'm not kidding either, and neither is the MSM.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080304/ap_en_tv/obama_media

Notice this has hit the AP now. Hillary is making a big comeback, folks, just like New Hampshire, just like when she was the "underdog" before. She's not out of this yet.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 09:52 PM)
Clinton's going to take Texas AND Ohio. It's the SNL effect. I'm not kidding either, and neither is the MSM.

Notice this has hit the AP now. Hillary is making a big comeback, folks, just like New Hampshire, just like when she was the "underdog" before. She's not out of this yet.

I don't think so. Obama will win TX, I think. Clinton will probably win OH, though.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
I don't think so. Obama will win TX, I think. Clinton will probably win OH, though.

I hope you're right, but from what little I've heard, turnout was big and it was big for Hillary. Now, I have no idea on the caucus side of things... that might help Obama.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)
I hope you're right, but from what little I've heard, turnout was big and it was big for Hillary. Now, I have no idea on the caucus side of things... that might help Obama.

Well, here is something to think about. Even of Clinton has an edge in primary voters today, there are two other major factors that go to Obama - the caucus (look at the noise from Clintoncamp, they are fearful), and the 100k early voting edge Obama got. She'd have to win today's primary vote pretty big to overcome those.

Yep and I'd bet about half of that Hillary crowd were the White nationalists she targeted with those Obama is a muslim attacks. It sickens me. Hillary is counting on racism to win this thing.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)

Obama should win Texas. Harris County (Houston) is still at 0% reporting, Dallas is at 4%, and Travis County (Austin) is at 0%.

Edited by KipWellsFan

QUOTE(AngelasDaddy0427 @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
By the way there isn't a doubt in my mind that Hillary is only doing all this because she has a deal to give John McCain the presidency and she knows that her being the nominee is the only way that becomes a certainty.

Ok know I know you're smoking dope or something, because the Clintons don't negotiate ANYTHING with ANYONE that doesn't benefit them.

Dismissed. :sweep:

Looking at Texas, it seemed that the major cities were Pro Obama, but Bilary is winning the majority of the country / border states.

The gap is down to about 30,000.

I actually think Clinton might win Texas now, although it is still too close to call, and way early to do so.

EDIT: And then I saw Kip's post, and I hope he's right. It's going to be tight either way I think.

Dallas County - only 4% reporting (heavy for Obama).

Harris County - barely 1% reporting (heavy for Obama).

Travis County - barely 1% reporting (heavy for Obama).

Bexar County - 3% reporting (slight edge for Clinton).

Those are the 4 biggest counties in TX by population. And they are not what is making up the current vote total. Those are mostly big counties for Obama. And yet, even with these smaller counties reporting, Obama still leads.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
The talk was the "Hillary push" today. FWIW. Hopefully Obama caucuses well and had enough early votes to hang on. I think that's why he jumped out to such a big early lead - that was the early vote count.

Hey BTW... I hope you voted today!

Well on the one hand, if Clinton wins OH and TX, she gets momentum and stays alive, and maybe even has a shot at the nomination still.

On the other hand... if Obama wins TX, gains further in delegates, AND gets this supposed 50-superdelegate pile up in the days after... I think its really over for Clinton.

Big week for the Dems.