Gov. Spitzer (NY - Dem) netted in prostitution ring

sox4lifeinPA

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we'll see what media attention this gets. It will be big news because it's SEX and it's high profile, but it would be "an embarassment of epic proportions" if it was Spitzer (REP). But I don't have to say that.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Well, we'll see what media attention this gets. It will be big news because it's SEX and it's high profile, but it would be "an embarassment of epic proportions" if it was Spitzer (REP). But I don't have to say that.

Puhleeze. More of the GOP victim mentality.

He's the governor of NY, a former AG, and a guy who was looked at as a rising star. Its going to get HUGE attention regardless of his party affiliation.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:18 PM)

It's all over the NYT and the Trib. Spitzer is totally f***ed. At least he won't have to pay for it this time. . .

It's a shame, he had a lot of promise. But I've not read that he's resigning (yet).

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
Spitzer's kind of been a big mess in office. Do they have to have a special election in NY State?

Why is it that right before I move to a state, a Governor resigns due to a sex scandal?

Wait a second homeslice, where in NY are you moving?

It never ceases to amaze me how absolutely stupid people are. For anybody with as much power as Spitzer, and especially somebody who gained their power basically by getting rid of stuff like this, to allow themself to get caught in a prostitution ring, wow. I will never understand how some peoples minds work.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
Wait a second homeslice, where in NY are you moving?

Brooklyn.

And yes, this is horrible. There's nothing I hate more than someone who uses the services of something he tries to gain political points for by railing against it.

Have the balls to advocate legalizing prostitution if you're gonna pay for sex. Don't be an attention hog to bust prostitution rings instead. Probably didn't wanna give him the Attorney General discount.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 07:27 PM)
It never ceases to amaze me how absolutely stupid people are. For anybody with as much power as Spitzer, and especially somebody who gained their power basically by getting rid of stuff like this, to allow themself to get caught in a prostitution ring, wow. I will never understand how some peoples minds work.

well, it's the same overriding logic that makes you go home with the unattractive girl at the end of the night. sometimes being horny makes you do dumb things, damn the consequences.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
The Lt. Governor, David Paterson, of Harlem would be Spitzer's replacement. Trivia about Paterson: he's blind.

Is he actually resigning?

I really don't understand how he could be this much of a dumb ass. I mean, seriously, wtf are you thinking? I hope that hooker was mind-blowing, because you just ruined your life idiot.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
Brooklyn.

And yes, this is horrible. There's nothing I hate more than someone who uses the services of something he tries to gain political points for by railing against it.

Have the balls to advocate legalizing prostitution if you're gonna pay for sex. Don't be an attention hog to bust prostitution rings instead. Probably didn't wanna give him the Attorney General discount.

Bingo. Spitzer made his whole career by taking other people down. To be honest, i wouldn't be surprised in the least if he was set up. If he did this on his own merit, he is an incredible idiot to think that no one would find out and use this against him. The man has made some powerful enemies.

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:38 PM)
Is he actually resigning?

I really don't understand how he could be this much of a dumb ass. I mean, seriously, wtf are you thinking? I hope that hooker was mind-blowing, because you just ruined your life idiot.

I believe she was blowing something else actually.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
well, it's the same overriding logic that makes you go home with the unattractive girl at the end of the night. sometimes being horny makes you do dumb things, damn the consequences.

Ehhh that's not even a good comparison. The ugly girl at the bar doesn't cost money, plus isn't nearly as likely to have any sort of STD's.

Well, the yahoo story said that this prostitution "company" (I guess you'd call it that), rated it's prostitutes from 1 to 7 diamonds, with 7 diamond girls costing the most money. Maybe he was getting those girls. :huh:

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
Drinks aren't free, ya know.

Yeah yeah, I know. You know what I meant, although the point in doctor's post is a prime example why drinking in moderation is a good idea.

Edited by whitesoxfan101