Gov. Spitzer (NY - Dem) netted in prostitution ring

sox4lifeinPA

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03122008/news/...ley/photo01.htm

Pics of Spitzer's hooker, identifed as Ashley Dupre. If that is a "seven dimaond girl", then the business must not be great. I'm underwhelemed. :lol:

The NYT article says she wasn't a 7-star:

"She apparently was booked at about $1,000 an hour, placing her in the middle of the seven-diamond scale by which the prostitutes were paid up to $4,300 an hour."

Applause.

David Paterson just gave his first public address since Eliot Spitzer's resignation yesterday. He made noises about "getting back to work" and the budget, talked about being black and blind, indicated he wasn't planning any major changes to his predecessors more controversial policies, and became the first human being in government to express sympathy for Spitzer himself. "My heart goes out to Eliot Spitzer, his wife Silda, his daughters," he said. "I know what he's gone through this week. In my heart, I think he's suffered enough." Paterson also displayed a rather awesome sense of humor. "Just so we don't have to go through this whole resignation thing again," one ballsy reporter asked, "have you ever patronized a prostitute?" Patterson thought for a minute. "Only the lobbyists," he said.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 13, 2008 -> 05:33 PM)

He's pretty witty.

...Mr. Paterson was asked by reporters why he also decided to meet with Senator Joseph L. Bruno, the Senate majority leader and the state’s ranking Republican, in Mr. Bruno’s office.

Mr. Paterson explained that Mr. Bruno had been kind enough to buy him lunch.

“I thought it was a nice thing to do, so I’m going to partake,” he said, then added playfully, “I brought along my tasters with me.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/15/nyregion/15paterson.html

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 18, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
So why is that any of our business? He didn't break the law.

Ask him. He had a press conference to tell everyone, presumably so it couldn't be sprung on everyone later. He chose to bring it up, I'm just relaying the story.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 18, 2008 -> 12:19 PM)
Ask him. He had a press conference to tell everyone, presumably so it couldn't be sprung on everyone later. He chose to bring it up, I'm just relaying the story.

I think it's far more interesting that he chose to bring it up than allow it to be an NY Post headline 6 months from now.