Gov. Spitzer (NY - Dem) netted in prostitution ring

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
TIFWIW, but the NY Post is reporting that Spitzer has been visiting prostitutes for at least 10 years.

It also says he is a millionaire, so, I don't think he's spending that $80,000 from tax money. Sounds like he is independently wealthy.

He was in private practice for a while, and (from Wikipedia) that was after he made his bones on the Gambinos, so he presumably got some coin for that. Add in family wealth, and I'm sure he can spare $5k here and there.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 09:34 AM)
He was in private practice for a while, and (from Wikipedia) that was after he made his bones on the Gambinos, so he presumably got some coin for that. Add in family wealth, and I'm sure he can spare $5k here and there.

His father is worth several hundred million.

He resigned with his loving wife by his side. I think the man should have stood there himself and not put his poor wife through any more humiliation. Even if it was totally her choice to be there, he should not have let her. And the same goes for any one who has used their wife as crutch when facing a scandal ... from either party.

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 11:01 AM)
He resigned with his loving wife by his side. I think the man should have stood there himself and not put his poor wife through any more humiliation. Even if it was totally her choice to be there, he should not have let her. And the same goes for any one who has used their wife as crutch when facing a scandal ... from either party.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 10:22 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=1586620:date=Mar 12, 2008 -> 11:01 AM:name=YASNY)-->
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 11:01 AM)
<!--quotec-->He resigned with his loving wife by his side. I think the man should have stood there himself and not put his poor wife through any more humiliation. Even if it was totally her choice to be there, he should not have let her. And the same goes for any one who has used their wife as crutch when facing a scandal ... from either party.

I don't have to play it to know what it is. Sometimes I think a man has stand on his own.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)
I don't have to play it to know what it is. Sometimes I think a man has stand on his own.

/joking

It would have been better if the hookers were there :lolhitting

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)

I'd just want for it to have been her decision to be up there with him at that time. How any specific couple deals with broken trust and unfaithfulness is something wouldn't presume to be able to have an informed opinion on.

Beyond the domestic side of it in this instance, what Spitzer did is every bit as hypocritical as any adulterous televangelist ever has and nothing short of his resignation would work. By day he'd be prosecuting people for the very same thing he was apparently already engaged in. What an arrogant hypocritical ass this Democratic "rising star" turned out to be.

Pretty dang funny that the reforms he helped put in place regarding how the IRS tracks potential money laundering are precisely what brought him down.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 11:35 AM)

Unless it's a very wide stance. With a little hand play under the stall. Oh wait, wrong political party. :D

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)
Sheldon Silver, the Assembly Speaker of NY, was just giving a speech lauding Spitszer's accomplishments while he was governor. One of the things he mentioned? An ethics reform bill. :lolhitting

Not surprising. I was watching a report on these sorts of scandals and according to the experts the individual usually hates that part of themselves and goes overboard trying to kill it. Kind of like making some cosmic amends.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 01:13 PM)
Unless it's a very wide stance. With a little hand play under the stall. Oh wait, wrong political party. :D

Senator Widestance (R-Idaho) falls into exactly that same hypocritical lot. Soliciting gay airport stall sex is less reprehensible than the self-hypocritical rabidly anti-gay rights position he espouses in his professional life away from the airport bathrooms.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)
Not surprising. I was watching a report on these sorts of scandals and according to the experts the individual usually hates that part of themselves and goes overboard trying to kill it. Kind of like making some cosmic amends.

They can all forget the cosmic amends and just keep it zipped up.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03122008/news/...ley/photo01.htm

Pics of Spitzer's hooker, identifed as Ashley Dupre. If that is a "seven dimaond girl", then the business must not be great. I'm underwhelemed. :lol:

The paper also says that Spitzer has used hookers for 10 years!!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03112008/news/...__so_101444.htm

:jerry

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(bmags @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
By the way, NY Post's headline two days ago for this scandal:

Ho NO!

I hate the paper, love the headlines.

(favorite being: "Ike beats Tina to death")

Colbert reserved "Elliot Mess" Monday night before they went to press. :headbang