Gov. Spitzer (NY - Dem) netted in prostitution ring

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)
Like he's not having a bad enough day, the NYTimes has to pile on.

10spitzerpc511.jpg

she's probably more embarrassed than she is upset.

#1 piece of poo job in history: Politician's wife.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
Like he's not having a bad enough day, the NYTimes has to pile on.

10spitzerpc511.jpg

If I was stupid enough to do something like that, my wife would not go out there on stage with me to discuss it. She'd be busy packing up and leaving.

take it a step further... that quote was from the Soprano's by the way..

powerful men like to take control and have things done their way.. maybe the Mrs. doesn't feel the same way. By paying, he can do what he wants, how he wants, when he wants. The power comes in the control of the situation.

no condoning the situation, just making a point.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
If I was stupid enough to do something like that, my wife would not go out there on stage with me to discuss it. She'd be busy packing up and leaving.

true enough.

but the Wives of Powerful men like feeling powerful too.

If I was stupid enough to do something like that, my wife would not go out there on stage with me to discuss it. She'd be busy hacking it up and leaving it on the roadside somewhere.

fixed. Or is that my wife only? :)

QUOTE(Soxy @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
It's all over the NYT and the Trib. Spitzer is totally f***ed. At least he won't have to pay for it this time. . .

It's a shame, he had a lot of promise. But I've not read that he's resigning (yet).

I had to throw my token comment out there. I haven't read a thing on the details... and I'm not sure I want to. Seriously, it's just sad, no matter what party.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:18 PM)
Well, we'll see what media attention this gets. It will be big news because it's SEX and it's high profile, but it would be "an embarassment of epic proportions" if it was Spitzer (REP). But I don't have to say that.

This should be a big time story, we'll see if the media covers it like they did Larry Craig.

Only if Spitzer is as big an idiot as Larry Craig and doesn't let the story die.

But with enemies like Joe Bruno in the GOP controlled NY Senate, the story will be there for a while.

BTW: the prostitution ring was based out of NYC. If I was the Guv and intent on saving my skin I'd definitely hype that.

It's an uncertain economy and I kept my business in the region. A job is a job, hand or otherwise.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 02:12 PM)
Only if Spitzer is as big an idiot as Larry Craig and doesn't let the story die.

But with enemies like Joe Bruno in the GOP controlled NY Senate, the story will be there for a while.

BTW: the prostitution ring was based out of NYC. If I was the Guv and intent on saving my skin I'd definitely hype that.

Doesn't let the story die = not resigning.

Let's face it...a year ago, this guy looked like he had a legit shot at having his name on a White House ticket within 8 years. Now he'll be lucky if he can hold on to his job, and if he does hold on to it he's going to be essentially ineffective because he'll spend half his time fighting indictments.

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:23 PM)
take it a step further... that quote was from the Soprano's by the way..

powerful men like to take control and have things done their way.. maybe the Mrs. doesn't feel the same way. By paying, he can do what he wants, how he wants, when he wants. The power comes in the control of the situation.

no condoning the situation, just making a point.

It's a matter of thinking you can get away with anything. That's my opinion on that topic.

She probably knew it was going on and isn't THAT shocked.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
I don't know, but it took only 2 posts for someone to claim he was going to get special treatment because of his party.

Woohoo! 2 posts!

Nah, this story is too sensationalized. The party doesn't matter. Sex doesn't matter. :D

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
I don't know, but it took only 2 posts for someone to claim he was going to get special treatment because of his party.

:lolhitting

I saw CBS nightly news tonight. Their coverage of this story was hilarious. First they give a glorifying montage of how great Sptizer is. Then show a shadowy camera angle and creepy music.... the GOP is out to get Spitzer. Then kind of mention that maybe he is busted in a prostitution right.

But of course, this is right down the middle reporting! right northside? I'm sure it is too you. just like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are totally unbiased, or so says the right wing voter.

There is no shame in calling out the media for what they are, but my duty as a informed citizen.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Woohoo! 2 posts!

Nah, this story is too sensationalized. The party doesn't matter. Sex doesn't matter. :D

story will be buried within 2 days.

if this was GOP scandal it would have been front page for weeks. A big story for months.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 10, 2008 -> 05:55 PM)
story will be buried within 2 days.

if this was GOP scandal it would have been front page for weeks. A big story for months.

In about a week, I'll try to give you the Lexis numbers for David Vitter's prostitution scandal compared to Spitzer's prostitution scandal.