Gov. Spitzer (NY - Dem) netted in prostitution ring

sox4lifeinPA

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 08:53 AM)
By the way, this story broke on the New York Times website. Damn liberal media. Oh wait.

That would have been really funny if the New York Times ignored a huge scandal involving the Governor of New York. But you're right, it proves they aren't biased. FOX news covered the Larry Craig scandal, so that proves they are totally down the middle, not biased.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 11:18 AM)
Chicago is so pro-Obama it isn't even funny. Everyday there are articles in the papers, but the whole Chicago media is in love with the guy. You hardly hear anything for Hillary or McCain.

Naturally, they did elect him as Senator. Unless Obama's campaign was radically different, every statewide dem has to pull in huge Chicago numbers, break even in the collar counties and pray downstate doesn't turn out.

If I was McCain, I would not spend a lot of time in Illinois, but I would not ignore it either.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 11:21 AM)
Til the Trib endorses McCain, because they always endorse the GOP candidate :-)

On a side bar, I could hardly believe my eyes for the endorsements in the special election for Hasterts seat. The ST endorsed Oberweis, and the Trib endorsed Foster.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
On a side bar, I could hardly believe my eyes for the endorsements in the special election for Hasterts seat. The ST endorsed Oberweis, and the Trib endorsed Foster.

Is Obereis from the dairy family? If so, he was a huge supporter or chess in the area. Nice man IIRC.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
Yes, it is the same family.

Then I would never vote for him, his daughter, or one of the family ladies, kicked my ass in a tournament in Aurora :lol:

Rep I assume?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 12:09 PM)
Then I would never vote for him, his daughter, or one of the family ladies, kicked my ass in a tournament in Aurora :lol:

Rep I assume?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_D._Oberweis

Jim was an avid chessplayer in his home state of Illinois. He attained a ranking of 1900 - a class A player.

He ran the Fox Valley Chess Club successfully for many years making it one of the state's premier and most active chess venues. He also served a two year term as the Illinois Chess Association President. He has also served as an Illinois delegate for the United States Chess Federation. He served as a trustee of the American Chess Foundation, and the Chess Trust Fund - a non-for-profit organization.

The race was over Hastert's seat, so it was a big pick up for the Dem's.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 04:18 PM)
Chicago is so pro-Obama it isn't even funny. Everyday there are articles in the papers, but the whole Chicago media is in love with the guy. You hardly hear anything for Hillary or McCain.

Well, it was a bunch of Chicago reporters who grilled him on Rezko so hard he walked off stage a week or two ago.

THE SCRIPT Mr. Spitzer (voice-over): “Recently my running mate, David Paterson, and I toured the school he attended as a child, walking past the very same hall signs he did 40 years ago. You begin your journey on Trustworthy Turnpike, make a left past Honesty Road, turn down Integrity Lane and eventually, if you’ve walked the right way, end up on Responsibility Road. Starting in January, we’ll be leading our state government on the same journey. And we’re going to make it all the way to the end.”

This is priceless!

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
That would have been really funny if the New York Times ignored a huge scandal involving the Governor of New York. But you're right, it proves they aren't biased. FOX news covered the Larry Craig scandal, so that proves they are totally down the middle, not biased.

There's a difference between covering and breaking the story. Drudge, AP, CNN, Fox News all listed the story initially as the New York Times reports that.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 02:38 PM)
There's a difference between covering and breaking the story. Drudge, AP, CNN, Fox News all listed the story initially as the New York Times reports that.

If the NY Times doesn't break it, it's still getting out there. This wasn't an exclusive scoop.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 09:06 PM)
Item number one that says we pay politicians too much money... Spitzer has dropped $80,000 on call girls according to Fox News 32 tonight...

Yeah, I was wondering where he got that kind of loose cash. I'd be curious to know.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Mar 11, 2008 -> 09:28 PM)
They are the only ones who can spend $50,000,000 for a job that pays $100,000.

It's only $50 mil because the printers are getting rich ;)

For those of you thinking that Gov. Spitzer's undercover investigation was perhaps the greatest ever undertaken by an elected official or celebrity, I remind you of this specially deputized undercover narcotics agent and the President®* who made it possible.

_44047030_1445194.jpg

* just for Alpha :P

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 08:46 AM)
For those of you thinking that Gov. Spitzer's undercover investigation was perhaps the greatest ever undertaken by an elected official or celebrity, I remind you of this specially deputized undercover narcotics agent and the President®* who made it possible.

_44047030_1445194.jpg

Aw, gee. You like me! You really like me! (In my best Sally Fields voice, which isn't too good)

QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 12, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)

_44047030_1445194.jpg

Putting The King on the FBI drug task force was sheer brilliance. He kept untold quantities of pills off the streets. . . by taking them all himself.

;)