knightni

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 11:09 AM)
Boo, you had me all excited we traded for Cain for a minute.

If KW picked up Cain, this would have been his best offseason since becoming the GM. Unfortanatley the Giants are NOT going to let him go.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
Is Brian Anderson dead?

Owens, CF

Cabrera, SS

Swisher, LF

Konerko, 1B

Dye, RF

Pierzynski, C

Fields, 3B

Ramirez, 2B

Floyd, P

i dunno but i think thats probably an awful lot like what we will see most days during the season (with the DH exception)

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 12:48 PM)
Is Brian Anderson dead?

Owens, CF

Cabrera, SS

Swisher, LF

Konerko, 1B

Dye, RF

Pierzynski, C

Fields, 3B

Ramirez, 2B

Floyd, P

Hopefully it means they are confident in what they already have and they want to see more of Owens.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 08:19 PM)
One of the many things that bother me about Floyd is you look at him on the mound and he looks like he's about to hurl, and I don't mean pitch.

I really can't believe KW didn't acquire another starting pitcher this offseason.

i know there was some question concerning cabreras arm out there, but on that play it looked pretty strong....

i think we got used to see uribe flash his arm on every throw, and cabrera is quite the opposite...on easy plays where he has time...he just lobs it, but as evidenced on that play...when he has to use his arm he can....that said hell never have the arm uribe will, but most shortstops won't

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 21, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
I really can't believe KW didn't acquire another starting pitcher this offseason.

I was shocked myself. If Floyd and Danks are as good as he thinks, then they should give him a lifetime contract. If not, I hope those that give him all the credit for what goes right, and blame someone else for things that go wrong, take notice.

I know it is just spring training, but does anyone out there have any confidence that Floyd can be decent? Every time I see him, he just fits right into his pattern (i.e., giving up long fly balls - that are usually not outs). I am very concerned about the bottom 3 of this staff.

I still think that Floyd can be an average pitcher, but if he's only throwing his fastball at 89-91 mph he's going to get killed in the AL. If you look at his highlight reel from last year on whitesox.com he was throwing 93-94 consistently. I hope he can get his fastball back to that range.