This Thread Is Sponsored By Prince Fielder and Gardenburger

knightni

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
Thome with a shot and that's two for the day. This is good

He is heating up. Hopefully he carries it into the season. When he gets in the zone, he cranks them out like crazy.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
Hall still playing pretty badly, and MacDougal should still be demoted to allow for Wassermann and Masset to be in the pen.

Speaking of playing badly this spring, Orlando Cabrera has been awful, I heard on the telecast the other day that he's waiting for opening day to turn it on. I don't think its that easy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
Speaking of playing badly this spring, Orlando Cabrera has been awful, I heard on the telecast the other day that he's waiting for opening day to turn it on. I don't think its that easy.

He hasn't been awful in the games I've watched, but he hasn't been exactly impressive either. I don't know his playing that well though - maybe he's a guy who starts slow.

Some of these spring averages are starting to get real ugly. Hopefully they are just saving their hits for when the season starts.

Chi White Sox AB R H RBI BB SO LOB AVG

Ozuna, 2B 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 .321

Cabrera, SS 3 2 1 0 1 0 0 .203

Thome, DH 4 2 2 4 0 0 0 .263

Konerko, 1B 4 1 1 0 0 0 0 .294

Swisher, LF 4 0 0 0 0 1 1 .250

Dye, RF 4 1 1 0 0 0 0 .188

Pierzynski, C 3 1 1 1 0 0 2 .245

Hall, C 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .071

Crede, 3B 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 .189

Ramirez, CF 3 1 1 4 0 0 0 .344

Simple as this: MacDougal, Hall and Crede should not be on the opening day roster but the Sox feel the need to keep them. They will lose us games, Hall especially with no bat and no arm. Mac comes in and always gives us baserunners and runs and Crede pops up in the infield more than anyone else.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
Simple as this: MacDougal, Hall and Crede should not be on the opening day roster but the Sox feel the need to keep them. They will lose us games, Hall especially with no bat and no arm. Mac comes in and always gives us baserunners and runs and Crede pops up in the infield more than anyone else.

I'm just looking at the box score, but only 1 of the runs off MacDougal today was earned. Errors by Hall, Cabrera and Konerko. Hall was arguably in the top 2 or 3 for worst player in the major leagues last year, and apparently has only regressed.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 05:17 PM)
i don't see how we can be expected to win any games this year with toby hall playing, it's that simple really, he's garbage.

TOBY HALL HITS A DOUBLE. Pig just flew past my window

Toby has the bat maybe, but I am not convinced he can provide the defense. I wonder if the shoulder injury is still bothering him? He has a lot of upside, but I dont think he is back to form yet with about a year off due to injury. Is the jury still out on him?

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 10:42 PM)
I'm just looking at the box score, but only 1 of the runs off MacDougal today was earned. Errors by Hall, Cabrera and Konerko. Hall was arguably in the top 2 or 3 for worst player in the major leagues last year, and apparently has only regressed.

I am confused now with the MLB game day stats. The first time around it showed McDougal giving up 4 runs and now it's Dotel?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Mar 26, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)

Though I usually agree with you're posts maggsmaggs I'm curious to know as to how Crede's going to LOSE us games?? He's no A-Rod or Miggy with his stick obviously but if he anything his leather will SAVE us some games. Some people take for granted his glove work at 3rd sometimes and it pisses me off....

Though I usually agree with you're posts maggsmaggs I'm curious to know as to how Crede's going to LOSE us games?? He's no A-Rod or Miggy with his stick obviously but if he anything his leather will SAVE us some games. Some people take for granted his glove work at 3rd sometimes and it pisses me off....

How many runs does Crede's glove save over the average third baseman's glove?