Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..

TitoMB345

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
Agree. We may have overpaid but I don't want to see the Aardsmas and Buckviches anymore.

What do you mean, I thought it was awesome when Buckvich would be called in to get a right-handed batter out and he'd hit the guy instead.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 11:12 AM)
Not over yet...we still gotta get thru the 9th...although the pitching in this game has been awesome.

The 9th inning = Bobby Jenks.

If Bobby loses a game, I can live with that. I know what Bobby's going to bring me, and there won't be many games where I have to worry about him. I don't know yet what our rebuilt bullpen is going to give me.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 06:14 PM)

If Bobby loses a game, I can live with that. I know what Bobby's going to bring me, and there won't be many games where I have to worry about him. I don't know yet what our rebuilt bullpen is going to give me.

That's a good point...we'll take our chances with the lead in the 9th and Jenks on the mound. If he struggles this year, we're likely doomed anyways.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 02:14 PM)

Oh I agree...bobby is the man. I just wanna get a W here.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
Anyone else worried about the Hafner-Jenks match-up? I know you go with Bobby and don't play match-ups but it worries me for some reason.

Hafner is 0/1 with a strikeout against Jenks in his career.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 01:14 PM)

When was the last time Jenks pitched.

Not making excuses but I agrre with Balta 100%.

The Sox defense (Cabrerra and Dye yesterday) has realistically cost them a shot at winning both games thus far.

They need to capitalize here. Third inning with two on and have nothign to show thus far.

I am impressed that Danks showed what he did this game. After our pitchers gave up 17 runs in 2 games and especially seeing less than stellar outings from MB and JV it is good to see him step up like he did.

Plus Uribe and Crede!

Edited by elrockinMT