Contreras vs. Robertson (BORING!)

TitoMB345

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)
You are missing my point. You say since Contreras was bad last year, and shaky his first start this year, he is done. Buerhle was bad in 2006. If his first start in 2007 was like his start this year on opening day, he would be in the same spot, and I suppose to you that is stick a fork in him done.

No... the whole point here is that Buehrle's performance last year and in the spring can justify calling it an anomaly while Contreras's performance for the last year and a half simply can't. It's been a very long time since he's shown anything. At all. I had close to zero confidence in him coming into this year and I have even less now.

Ironically that seems to be his problem b/c there doesn't really appear to be anything wrong with him physically.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
single by crede to left, squeezed between short and third, uribe successfully sacs him to second

thought........ has crede ever hit a single to right field? haha

I think maybe one of his popups might have dropped over there at one point or another.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
No... the whole point here is that Buehrle's performance last year and in the spring can justify calling it an anomaly while Contreras's performance for the last year and a half simply can't. It's been a very long time since he's shown anything. At all. I had close to zero confidence in him coming into this year and I have even less now.

Ironically that seems to be his problem b/c there doesn't really appear to be anything wrong with him physically.

You do realize that in the last 2 months last year he was 5-3 with a 3.76 ERA.

I like Cabrera taking pitches, but I wish he would be a bit more aggressive at times. He's reminding me of Scottie up there looking perfect pitches right into the mitt.

As for Jose, I wonder if he is incapable of throwing over the top exclusively anymore without hurting himself...because it sure seems like everyone else in the world seems to think Jose's downfall is connected to these arm-angles except for our coaching staff...