Thank You Rick Morissey

sox-r-us

Finally someone in the media decides to expose Moronotti for what he is.....a liar through and through. I know this is not Sox related, but given all the crap Moronotti writes about the Sox, I think this deserves to stay in this forum for all Sox fans to see; so if you can please oblige, mods.

==============

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...,7843597.column

:lolhitting

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 05:41 AM)
Mariotti is going to have a hissy fit, that is for sure

Yeah he'll be laughing all the way home to his bed made of money. He cares because it keeps him in the spotlight. He cares because is sells papers and as long as that happens, he'll keep his job. Sorry guys, but he found the absolute perfect place to work. In NY, he'd be killed. Here, he's just kinda berated.

Alou would have caught the ball. He is just being nice. All of the other things the writer said are probably true, as is the fact that alou said he wouldn't have gotten it. As to being kind to bartman and not laughing at him, screw that. I laugh at every cub fan who blames him too. They can be apologetic to him. To me it will always be hilarious.

What I was thinking was imagine being the guy next to bartman, the one in grey. He was just as guilty, but not as gifted as bartman or as unlucky perhaps and couldn't get his paws on the ball though he tried.

Steve Bartman.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 09:58 AM)
Alou would have caught the ball. He is just being nice.

I think he absolutely would have caught that ball.

And his "apology" comes waaaaaaaaaaaay too late.

If he hadn't thrown his glove down like a child, if he'd realized that sometimes fans reach out for foul balls, and if he'd been a professional and just gone back to his position and waited for the next pitch, who knows what would have happened?

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 10:58 AM)
What I was thinking was imagine being the guy next to bartman, the one in grey. He was just as guilty, but not as gifted as bartman or as unlucky perhaps and couldn't get his paws on the ball though he tried.

Steve Bartman.

oops.jpg

Yeah, I always thought the same thing.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 10:06 AM)

If he hadn't thrown his glove down like a child, if he'd realized that sometimes fans reach out for foul balls, and if he'd been a professional and just gone back to his position and waited for the next pitch, who knows what would have happened?

From ESPN

After the game, he(Alou) said: "I timed it perfectly, I jumped perfectly. I'm almost 100 percent that I had a clean shot to catch the ball. All of a sudden, there's a hand on my glove."

He didn't have kind words for Bartman on that night either.

"Hopefully, he won't have to regret it for the rest of his life," he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3324343

Clearly he does lack professionalism as you said. I wonder why he goes through all the trouble of peeing on his hands.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 07:58 AM)

Steve Bartman.

my favorite thing about him is that after he also interfered on the play, he started pointing and berating Bartman like the rest of the crowd! What a tool! :lolhitting

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 10:06 AM)

That ball was a foot out of his reach IMO.

Morissey didnt even mention all the times the idiot referred to Bartman on Around the Horn.How do they continue to have him on every show?There are so many good writers out there that do well in that format.

Because this country's media sucks ass.....all that is left in the media these days is blowhards and opinionated journalists who berate everything and everyone or overhype everything and everyone.....did you see the lovefest for the Tarheels and Kevin Love-led UCLA before this weekend.....so awesome to shut up every expert ..... great performance by Memphis and Kansas who are real teams and not one trick (Hansborough or Kevin love) ponies.....but you will not see the media accept how wrong they were....EVER.

Jay Marriotti is probably the worst journalist in America, but he's not dumb. He has clearly sold out whatever writing skill and common sense he has in order to be a pest who gets a lot of attention and a lot of money. So I will say this: If he's a shameless bum who just wants money, Marriotti does exactly what he wants.