Gavin "Pretty Boy" Floyd vs. D-Train, Going for three!

TitoMB345

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PlunketChris @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
so.. where do you put Swisher?

Left. Quentin can spell Dye, Swisher and even Thome and still get his ABs. Defense counts in baseball, and Anderson is 10x the defensive CF that Swisher is.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
I know, he doesn't get 2 hits every game and he doesn't bat .700 to start the season... he SUCKS

No offense, but this is the type of post which I feel has really deteriorated this board.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
Hopefully Anderson gets some playing time when Ozzie gives Dye, PK, and Thome a rest. It's still the first week, but it sure looks like Anderson will get sent down when Owens comes back. And good grief, Cabrera has no bat speed.

The reason why I put the "games since a day off" in my sig? Because I have a theory that Ozzie gives all of his average players plenty of rest, but never sits down Dye, Konerko, or Thome unless they're actually hurt.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 04:39 PM)
No offense, but this is the type of post which I feel has really deteriorated this board.

My post only and not the type of post I sarcastically replied to?

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)

And your posts about over rated defense and slow bat are good posts ? He's a very capable defender and hitter yet you say what you say to constantly try to support your dislike for the Garland trade. Let it play out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 01:43 PM)
Excellent inning by Floyd! Hopefully we start hitting the ball hard.

I disagree. I don't want us to try hitting the ball hard. I want to see the bat on people's shoulders right now. STOP TRYING TO HIT THE GUY WHEN HE ISN'T THROWING STRIKES!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
I disagree. I don't want us to try hitting the ball hard. I want to see the bat on people's shoulders right now. STOP TRYING TO HIT THE GUY WHEN HE ISN'T THROWING STRIKES!

Definition of "plate discipline" against Dontrelle Willis - stand in the batter's box and let him throw pitches until he eventually throws 4 balls

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
And your posts about over rated defense and slow bat are good posts ? He's a very capable defender and hitter yet you say what you say to constantly try to support your dislike for the Garland trade. Let it play out.

Yep, cause I'm the only person referring to his defense being bad and his bat looking slow.