Gavin "Pretty Boy" Floyd vs. D-Train, Going for three!

TitoMB345

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

simply put, if gavin doesn't fall behind every single batter like he did all spring training, he should be fine and allow our hitters a chance to win the game

he can't be all over the place, throwing his curve ball 5 feet in front of home plate, or throwing the ball to the back stop, or missing the strikezone completely with his (90mph) fastball

seriously, just throw strikes gavin.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 01:21 AM)
Ugh, stupid Fox...I get NYM/Braves here. If if I go to a Bdubs will they have it or is it blacked out for everything (like how it is for mlbtv.com)?

Its blacked out completely on Saturday if Fox has the rights. Which they do. I'm screwed too.

I might actually get to watch this game. Zap2it.com claims I do, but I never hold too much faith in that.

If this is truly the case, it'd be great to see a solid performance by Floyd. Seeing the Tigers start out 0-5 would be sweet.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 10:44 PM)
I f***ing hate Fox games. I can never see them. Stupid mfers.

i'm right there with you.

But i'm looking forward to listening to Stone for the first time on mlb radio. Keep the kitties on the ropes and their classless fans booing. :gosox3:

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:21 AM)
Ugh, stupid Fox...I get NYM/Braves here. If if I go to a Bdubs will they have it or is it blacked out for everything (like how it is for mlbtv.com)?

This will be a continuing problem during the MLB season. You will be seeing the Mets-Yankees-Red Sox most of the time on ESPN and Fox because they are prejudiced :gosoxretro:

Willis has pitched only one game against the White Sox in his career. He went only one inning while giving up four runs, including a Josh Fields HR.

By my count, he has an ERA of 2.85 and WHIP of 1.378 vs. AL teams. He threw a complete game in his only career start vs. his new team.

Floyd has more IP vs. Detroit than any other of theam. Detroit has batted .303 against him, but his ERA vs. the kitties is only 2.66--thanks largely to an excellent 19:2 K:BB ratio.

Edited by JorgeFabregas