Gavin "Pretty Boy" Floyd vs. D-Train, Going for three!

TitoMB345

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crede made a great play there to end the game. Nice win for the Sox. Floyd pitched pretty damn good and I really liked the way he pitched the last couple innings (he was mixing his pitches real well and throwing strikes). Logan and Linebrink did a great job bridging things to Jenks for the save.

If the Sox can get Danks/Count/Floyd to keep them in games and the pen can work like I think it can this team can end up winning quite a few games (injuries could obviously get in the way of things but I love this teams defense, bullpen, and offense for the most part). Danks/Floyd both had good first starts, but there are about 34 or so starts left for each of those guys :).

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
Hopefully we can get a blowout win tomorrow and give the bullpen a rest, especially Bobby. If a save situation comes up for us, I'm thinking Thornton or Dotel get the ball.

Yep. Even if it isn't a blowout, I still want Thornton and Dotel out there. We've already won the series and Bobby, Linebrink, and Logan need a day off.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:33 PM)
Crede made a great play there to end the game. Nice win for the Sox. Floyd pitched pretty damn good and I really liked the way he pitched the last couple innings (he was mixing his pitches real well and throwing strikes). Logan and Linebrink did a great job bridging things to Jenks for the save.

If the Sox can get Danks/Count/Floyd to keep them in games and the pen can work like I think it can this team can end up winning quite a few games (injuries could obviously get in the way of things but I love this teams defense, bullpen, and offense for the most part). Danks/Floyd both had good first starts, but there are about 34 or so starts left for each of those guys :).

34 starts = plenty of chances for those next 19 wins.

We could very well be 4-1 right now and I'm liking the make-up of this team. If Buehrle and Vaz get their s*** together, this team could make some noise early on. Swisher has been awesome with the patience at the plate and with the D in CF. Quentin with the cannon and the clutch hitting, Crede with the D. Let's sweep these guys tomorrow and start them off 0-6.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
34 starts = plenty of chances for those next 19 wins.

On a sidenote, it has killed me to not make a comment about Fields as I hope Fields does nothing but kick ass, but deep down I know that Polanco would have been hitting had Fields been playing 3rd. I really hope Josh can work out his flaws down in the minors and when he eventually makes it back up he comes up and plays like an all star for his Sox career :)

Either way, I don't care, whether its Fields or Crede I'm rooting for nothing but badass success for anyone in a Sox uni.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:37 PM)
We could very well be 4-1 right now and I'm liking the make-up of this team. If Buehrle and Vaz get their s*** together, this team could make some noise early on. Swisher has been awesome with the patience at the plate and with the D in CF. Quentin with the cannon and the clutch hitting, Crede with the D. Let's sweep these guys tomorrow and start them off 0-6.

Early on in the season I can safely say that Quentin is my favorite player to watch. My god what a tremendous throw by him and offensively he had some pretty darn good at bats (prior to hitting into that inning ending DP in the 4th he absolutely killed the ball a couple feet foul from being a 3run shot).

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 05:37 PM)
We could very well be 4-1 right now and I'm liking the make-up of this team.

Me too...LOVIN IT. I really like the enthusiasm these guys are having in the dugout. Nice to see after the last few years. Gotta give some Kudos to Kenny.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Apr 5, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
Much more fun to be the team scoring runs late in the ball game and shutting the other team down with our bullpen than the other way around like it was all of last year. I really like what I see from these guys so far.

The funny part is when the Sox took the lead all I said was maybe get an insurance run but if Gavin can give us a quick 6th this game should be over (thats how much faith I have that the Sox for the most part have the guys to bridge things from the starter to Bobby. If we get games like this out of our 3/4/5 we'll see quite a few games where we turn things over to the pen and put things away (not to mention I can see the pen holding quite a few games which will allow the Sox to pick up come from behind wins).

I've long said that in the modern era of baseball the bullpen can actually be more important than the rotation (since pitching tends to be thin throughout baseball, so if you can make up for it with a tremendous bullpen you will find yourself in business).

Hopefully the pen proves itself to really deliver (the big if is Mac's confidence/health as well as Dotel's health). Obviously other injuries could happen and those are keys to any team (ie, every team needs to stay healthy for the most part to win).

Great Game to watch. Who would think Floyd and Danks gives us the two best pitched games in our first five(well I would but i dont want to give myself credit ;-)) I love seeing the young pitchers doing good and I am glad that we dont have to say only one can succeed the other cant, I think both can.

Quentin is no doubt my favorite player up here while my beyond favorite is going easy on the young ins down in the minors. It would be so fun to watch Quentin and Fields in this lineup together as they are great friends, but what are you gonna do. I didnt read this thread but I am sure everyone and their mothers said that Fields wouldnt have made that play at the end of the game, yeah well maybe we the score wouldnt be 5-3 if Fields was up.

Bullpen is showing why we put money into it this off-season and thats great to see. I love to see the contributions of Logan and hope that he continues and is only up up up this season now up down up down down.

I hope Buerhle shows the nation why he is the 'ace' of this team tomorrow on ESPN and we give the only team its 6th loss and 2nd receiving sweep of the season.