2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
Marshall clearly has nothing to do with it.

But......they're playing at Wrigley Field!!! Something about playing there makes advancing runners, avoiding DPs, and missing Jason Marquis' twenty hanging breaking balls unavoidable. They should sweep all visiting ballclubs. That's the impression I had from some people on Sunday.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)
And to think Cubs could have had him instead of Ryan Harvey. Of course, they could have had the best prospect in baseball, Wieters, if they wanted to.

a few teams could have had markakis...he was actually considered an over draft when he was picked too...and alot of teams were pretty surprised that the orioles were drafting him as a position player and not a pitcher

Edited by daa84

I wouldn't be surprised if they go into a streak of playing relatively mediocre (around .500) ball at home for a few weeks now that the mystique of not losing there for 5 weeks is gone. It was nice to see them lose at that s***hole for once.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if they go into a streak of playing relatively mediocre (around .500) ball at home for a few weeks now that the mystique of not losing there for 5 weeks is gone. It was nice to see them lose at that s***hole for once.

No team can stay as hot, even at home, as they've been for an entire season.

By the way, anyone know what their rotation is looking like for the series against us? If they just went in order it would be Dempster Saturday, but I thought I read that they wanna keep him on four days rest, so he would go friday. Who else would pitch? Gallaghar Saturday & marshall sunday?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)

The law of averages is a total b**** ain't it?

Edited by chw42