4/12 Gamethread: Sox (5-4) vs. Detroit (2-8); 12:05, CSN

maggsmaggs

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 01:51 PM)
Yeah, Oz handled that just right - keep him in with the no hitter, but he's over 100 pitches, so as soon as he cracks, take him out.

I think it was just obligatory... even if he had to go to 120 pitches to get it.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 06:53 PM)
So whats the reason Gavin did so well today? Granderson out? The rain? Night game/day game? Pratt, DA, anything?????

Personally, I thought Floyd didn't have good stuff or command the first time through. We made some good defensive plays, and he settled down. He ended up being effectively wild, and I loved that change up he started throwing.

Oh man gameday just showed a vid of the end of Floyd's no hit bid, and DAMN does the weather look awful there.

And where would you be? what kind of weather do you have?

QUOTE (PoopsThompson @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
Oh man gameday just showed a vid of the end of Floyd's no hit bid, and DAMN does the weather look awful there.

i've only been listening to the game, but it CAN'T be worse than yesterday. I was there, it was brutal.

Not everyone on this board is in Chicago.

obviously, but half of this country has crap weather right now so he must be in the sun belt somewhere.

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 12, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
And where would you be? what kind of weather do you have?

I'm in the sunny bastion of terrible air in the grand central valley of California. Fresno, that is. I think it's supposed to be like 88 degrees today or tomorrow. I wish I could borrow some of that Chicago wind to clean this air so i could breathe.