AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
Nice to see Kong finally break out with a good game. And Crede is plain and simply a beast with the bases loaded. It seems everytime the sacks are packed with him at bat, he hits a granny. I still think Fields is the future at 3B, but Crede going like this only raises his trade value.

Would have liked to see Javy get the CG shutout though... Chris who?

FOR THE LAST f***ING TIME, IT'S CHRIS YOUNG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crede has matched his homer total from last year and is only 2 doubles short of last year's total in 1/4 of the ABs. I guess his back is feeling much better.

The Tigers look defeated in the first inning. For a team thats supposed to put up 1000+ runs this year, something is horribly wrong, and if they don't stop the bleeding pretty soon, I think it will snowball into a real bad season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 05:54 PM)
Crede has matched his homer total from last year and is only 2 doubles short of last year's total in 1/4 of the ABs. I guess his back is feeling much better.

The Tigers look defeated in the first inning. For a team thats supposed to put up 1000+ runs this year, something is horribly wrong, and if they don't stop the bleeding pretty soon, I think it will snowball into a real bad season.

Hmm, I wonder what that's like.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
I still think Fields is the future at 3B, but Crede going like this only raises his trade value.

How can you trade a guy that is so clutch....Clutchness wins playoff series...If Joe keeps it up I can't see Kenny trading him away

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
How can you trade a guy that is so clutch....Clutchness wins playoff series...If Joe keeps it up I can't see Kenny trading him away

Good pitching wins playoff series. Without good pitching, there is rarely an opportunity for any player to be clutch.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 05:39 PM)
Good pitching wins playoff series. Without good pitching, there is rarely an opportunity for any player to be clutch.

I don't see anyone trading a quality starting pitcher for Joe, even though he is tearing it up. It's tough to even say what pitcher would need to be replace, but I would expect that pitcher to be Contreras. Crede's highest value is him playing 3rd base for the White Sox from what I've seen thus far. I wouldn't expect to gain anything greater than his contribution with a trade.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Wow, that Tiger offense is scary

I read that this is the third time that two granny have been hit by the Sox in a game. When and who are the other two?

I don't have the answers. Hopefully, somebody else does.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)

I read that this is the third time that two granny have been hit by the Sox in a game. When and who are the other two?

I do know Robin Ventura hit 2 in a game all by himself I think it was at Texas. The other one Ventura hit one of them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 09:54 PM)

agreed. i do think the tigers will put it together offensively at some point, but they are digging a deep hole that they might not be able to get out of when you consider the inconsistency in their pitching staff.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)

Something about 3B:

It was the third time the White Sox have hit two grand slams in one game. The last time Chicago did it was May 19, 1996, when Darren Lewis and Robin Ventura homered at Detroit. The first time was Sept. 4, 1995, when Ventura hit two grand slams in a game at Texas.

Interesting to note that from Clete Thomas' at bat in the 5th inning to Sheffield's at bat in the 9th inning, White Sox pitchers threw 24 consecutive strikes -no balls -10 batters. That was Vazquez and Thornton. Then once Masset settled down he threw 7 consecutive strikes to Cabrera, Jones and Thames to end the game.

Nice to have an 11 run lead.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)

even though the bolded part is false... everyone and their mother know we aren't going to sign Crede long term, not with Boras as his agent. So, unless he is the only one producing in the offense while we are possibly in a playoff race, and Fields is absolute garbage at Charlotte, odds are Crede will be trade bait.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
even though the bolded part is false... everyone and their mother know we aren't going to sign Crede long term, not with Boras as his agent. So, unless he is the only one producing in the offense while we are possibly in a playoff race, and Fields is absolute garbage at Charlotte, odds are Crede will be trade bait.

Not if he keeps producing. It's hard to justify trading a guy playing as well as he is, contract situation be damned.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
Not if he keeps producing. It's hard to justify trading a guy playing as well as he is, contract situation be damned.

I highly doubt he keeps producing like this for the next 3 months... if he does, then I'll be damned. But odds are he will start to fizz.

But, for now lets be happy he's producing and we're winning. Lets cross such a bridge if/when it comes.

Edited by BearSox

Best record in the AL so far.

Great outing by Javy, that's what we've come to expect from him. He was downright dominant today.

Picking up 4 out of 6 at home is a pretty good result.

The bats are starting to warm up a bit as well.

Let's keep the momentum going.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 13, 2008 -> 05:36 PM)
FOR THE LAST f***ING TIME, IT'S CHRIS YOUNG

I don't understand people that think that trade was a clear cut win for either team. At this point the Sox have won, 5 years from now things may look very different. I think it was a "meh" trade. I'm much more upset with the Garland trade, but whatevs, water under the bridge right now.

Great game today! I had the Masters muted and the White Sox game on internet stream, other than Tiger not making a real run it was a great afternoon of sports.

Crede is hopefully getting quite a few looksies now from teams around the league, I pray that he can somehow maintain this hot streak long enough to get a decent offer in June or July. That way we can get some minor league or bullpen help and have Fields ready to plug right in and not miss a beat.

Swisher and Quentin continue to show the value of walks over speed (as attributes to look for I'd take good eye over speed every time). This team in 2005 and 2006 was a 3 run homer team and they are again. This time though they have a few more guys (Swisher, Quentin, Thome) that can really draw some walks in addition to hitting some bombs.