4/16 Gamethread: Sox (8-5) at Orioles (8-6); 6:05; WCIU

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
What happened on the Konerko single?

Markakis dropped the ball in short right and then threw Thome out trying to go from 2nd to 3rd. PK got credit with the single.

Jose needs to just pound the zone...he gets up in the count and goes to nibbling. Next time through this order he needs to stay with the hard stuff even on the pitchers counts. 3 IP, 1 Hit, 0 BB, 2 Ks and modest pitch count numbers says he's getting it done still.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
Fahey Ks.

2 down.

What the hell is wrong with the Orioles that they wouldn't do everything possible to make a deal with Kenny...Juan is twice the hitter Fahey is.

Fahey Avg: .083

Juan Ave: .167

Edited by Wanne

I haven't seen Contreras with this good of stuff in a long time. This is the first game since 2006 that I have seen him with a fastball higher than 91 mph. His forkball had become more of a show-me pitch as it was about 72mph and its back to 77-80 mph which is where he was in 2006. Though his fastball is only 91-93 tonight, the fact that it was 88-90 his last start and has jumped by 3 mph makes me hopeful that maybe he can get it back to 93-95. I'm not counting on it though. However if he only has lost 3 mph off it, he could still learn how to pitch with lesser stuff, but an 88-90 mph fastball by a RHP is crap.