4/18 Gamethread: Sox (9-6) at Rays (7-9); 6:10; CSN

iWiN4PreP

I wanted to make this thread since I'll be attending the game..

Rays coming off a win vs. the Twins 7-3.

White sox coming off their most depressing lose of the year, time to man up!

Crawford should be rampant on the basepaths, as will alot of these fast rays...

Can't wait for the game... GO SOX!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Quentin is the real deal and Vazquez pitching the way he has, hopefully we can stop this "I can believe we traded Chris Young" stuff.

That being said, let's start a new win streak tonight.

:gosox4: :bringit :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox3:

I love watching the Rays play because I'm all about the underdog no matter the sport/race/match/ect. They have a plethora or offensive talent and I have BJ Upton and Carl Crawford on my fantasy team. more importantly they have some nice young pitching (albiet not healthy) in Kazmir, Shields, Garza, ect. I hope they can put a lot of W's up this year because they would be a huge slap in the face to both Boston and New York. The Rays have the talent to do so but they don't have the experience and Javier Vazquez does. That's why I like the White Sox to win tonight 7-4.

I actually work for the Montgomery Biscuits (AA for the Rays). I wasnt here when Niemann was, but our radio guy said he has amazing stuff.

I did have the chance to watch Longoria play here last year, WOW!!! Pretty good guy too.....

any way lets hope for a bad night by Niemann and Evan...... GO SOX!!!

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 18, 2008 -> 04:51 AM)
I don't know about anyone else... but I love watching Javy pitch.

Hopefully, once again, I will be asking "Chris who?"

:)

ddddddddddddddddddddd

Me too. The game Saturday night is on WGN. who pitches then?

Edited by elrockinMT

7. Jeff Niemann, rhp Born: Feb. 8, 1983. • B-T: R-R. • Ht.: 6-9. • Wt.: 280.

Drafted: Rice, 2004 (1st round). • Signed by: Jonathan Bonifay.

Jeff NiemannBackground: For the first time since signing a $5.2 million big league contract as the fourth overall pick in the 2004 draft, Niemann turned in a healthy season. He worked 131 innings after totaling 108 in his first two years, and he started for the U.S. team in the Futures Game.

Strengths: At 6-foot-9, Niemann has an intimidating presence on the mound. His long body and arms, plus the length of his stride, give hitters little time to decide whether they want to swing. He pounds the strike zone with his 91-94 mph fastball, and he mixes it well with an above-average power curveball that has hard downward break. He's intelligent and does a solid job of keeping batters off balance.

Weaknesses: Niemann is a slow worker who has little deception. He tends to leave pitches up in the strike zone when he stabs in the back of his delivery. He added a splitter last season that he uses as a changeup, but it's still fringy. He still has to prove that he's durable after having arthroscopic elbow surgery in 2003 and a minor shoulder operation in 2006. He pitched through some shoulder pain last August and had a small bone spur removed after the season.

The Future: The Rays will give him the chance to make their rotation in spring training. He still has the stuff to be a No. 2 or 3 starter

Ozzie lied! Uribe back in there tonight at second, and no Joe tonight.

Swish CF, OC SS, Thome DH, PK 1B, Dye RF, AJ C, Quentin LF, Ozuna 3B, Uribe 2B

Edited by robinventura23