4/19 Gamethread: Sox (10-6) at Rays (7-10); 6:10; WGN

iWiN4PreP

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously what the f*** is that honking noise?

It reminds me of another crappy dome. I hate that horn noise at the Viking games. Both noises blow.

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:56 PM)
I'm not a MIF but I play college ball and we work on this literally everyday or did at least in off season, tough break but O-Cab clearly did a poor job

I played college ball for 4 years. And we worked on the play all the time as well. You make the snap throw to the base the runner is attacking, that player holds the ball high up to freeze the runner and you start him towards the base he used to occupy, and then you make one throw back towards the covered base. At least that what they taught us.

QUOTE (max power @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:56 PM)
Seriously what the f*** is that honking noise?

If I was sitting a couple rows in front of whoever brought that thing... I may have to turn around and punch him.

On second thought, I'd probably just change seats... its not like there aren't lots available.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 01:00 AM)
The low and away attack ( Joe Mays solution to shutting down a whitesox offense ) is on tonight.

We desperately need to add another lefty hitter to our roster. This righty dominant lineup is going to struggle against RHP with good offspeed stuff.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 05:58 PM)
I played college ball for 4 years. And we worked on the play all the time as well. You make the snap throw to the base the runner is attacking, that player holds the ball high up to freeze the runner and you start him towards the base he used to occupy, and then you make one throw back towards the covered base. At least that what they taught us.

Who knows all I know is there should NEVER be more than 2 MAYBE 3 throws in a pickle, our MIFs wouldve gotten their asses chewed for lack of execution there

the only thing that hasn't made the OCab trade terrible so far has been the fact that Garland hasn't been much better and our back three in the rotation have actually been good... we'll see how it goes on, but I still think we'd benefit a whole lot more with Garland on the team still.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:58 PM)

yeah that was f***ed up!!! OCab caught it and threw it...I've never seen someone do that. Ocab needed to run his ass back to first. Where is the gold glove Defense? Seriously...he looks pretty average out there...then you throw in a couple bone head plays and it makes him seem even worse.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 06:01 PM)
We desperately need to add another lefty hitter to our roster. This righty dominant lineup is going to struggle against RHP with good offspeed stuff.

That is why we need Richar to get healthy. He will add a lot to the offense, IMO.

QUOTE (peanut33tillman @ Apr 19, 2008 -> 07:02 PM)
Who knows all I know is there should NEVER be more than 2 MAYBE 3 throws in a pickle, our MIFs wouldve gotten their asses chewed for lack of execution there

Actually I went to get a beer after that play...did they show Ozzie in the dugout at all?? Did he say anything?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 20, 2008 -> 01:04 AM)
That is why we need Richar to get healthy. He will add a lot to the offense, IMO.

You actually think Ozzie would play Richar over Uribe? Richar was in the doghouse prior to his injury. Uribe is this year's Erstad.