White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/23, 7:11, ESPN

RME JICO

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 10:03 PM)
Cabrera has shown me nothing so far this year. Not one thing. His defense has been mediocre and his offense is terrible.

Agreed. But hes immensily better than Uribe, if for no other reason than the fact that he walks more than once in a blue moon.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
did anyone think we were really an elite AL team? I sure didnt....we are losing but man guys...we werent gonna go the whole year without struggling...especially against the yankees...It would be nice to see the offense pick it up yeah, but we are at best a slightly above .500 team....and thats how we have played so far this season....it would have been nice if hte pen held the game yesterday, and woulda been nice to beat a struggling mussina tonight, but im not gonna get my panties in a bunch because we lost 2 in a row to the yankees...we have beaten the teams we should beat, and outside the opening series against hte tribe this will be the first series loss...stinks, but lets win tomorrow and go get the orioles

I agree that we aren't an elite team. But the Yankees have been struggling, so I really thought we could take 2 of 3. There is no excuse for the offensive showing tonight against Mussina.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
I just disagree with that. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm not bashing Uribe because there might be a replacement on the roster already. I'm bashing him because he f***ing blows, and has blown for YEARS.

I agree with you on this. He's personally the worst hitter I have ever seen play in the majors. The guy is trash. We'd get more value out of making a bonfire with the $4.5 million, and roasting hot dogs over it (that is, if we can keep the 'dogs away from Uribe).

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
I'm not sure he was worth a Starting Pitcher though.

When you throw in the likely extra draft pick, the fact that it saved about $4 million off the bat, and the fact that it opened up a rotation slot for Danks, then I still say it looks better.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
To make matters worse Rich Hill is holding the Rockies to 3 hits at Coors.

the cubs are certainly a pretty good team...especialyl with the upgrades they made with soto, fukudome and the depth they have in their rotation (even if it is average depth)....but the NL is still a joke...even though i believe they have the 3 best SP in baseball the average quality of player in the NL is just way under that of hte AL

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)
When you throw in the likely extra draft pick, the fact that it saved about $4 million off the bat, and the fact that it opened up a rotation slot for Danks, then I still say it looks better.

All I am saying is at the time of the trade, I think KW could have gotten a little more than an over the hill shortstop, from what I have seem from him at least.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
I just disagree with that. I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm not bashing Uribe because there might be a replacement on the roster already. I'm bashing him because he f***ing blows, and has blown for YEARS.

The thing that pisses me off is Uribe is the 9th place hitter. He gets slammed for not getting Chamberlain last night, when the 7th place hitter was just blown away. If he went 3 for 4, there would be countless posts b****ing about the out he made. Also, his possible replacements people talk about like they are HOFers. Ramirez is just Uribe if Juan gets his jaw wired shut for a couple of months, and Richar hit .230 with a .289 OBP last year. I don't see where those numbers scream he's worthy of playing everyday on a contender.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:03 PM)
did anyone think we were really an elite AL team? I sure didnt....we are losing but man guys...we werent gonna go the whole year without struggling...especially against the yankees...It would be nice to see the offense pick it up yeah, but we are at best a slightly above .500 team....and thats how we have played so far this season....it would have been nice if hte pen held the game yesterday, and woulda been nice to beat a struggling mussina tonight, but im not gonna get my panties in a bunch because we lost 2 in a row to the yankees...we have beaten the teams we should beat, and outside the opening series against hte tribe this will be the first series loss...stinks, but lets win tomorrow and go get the orioles

That's fine and all... but it doesn't take an elite team to beat 39 year old Mike Mussina. And the Yankees are not an elite team themselves, at least the way they've been playing so far (almost got swept by Baltimore).

And I disagree with us beeing a slightly above .500 team. If Danks/Floyd/Contreras had been pitching in-line with their pre-season expectations, I would agree with that. But they've been pretty awesome and it's the parts that SHOULD have been our backbone that have been struggling. It's absolutely inexcusable for this offense to hit like it has the last week and a half.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:10 PM)
The thing that pisses me off is Uribe is the 9th place hitter. He gets slammed for not getting Chamberlain last night, when the 7th place hitter was just blown away. If he went 3 for 4, there would be countless posts b****ing about the out he made. Also, his possible replacements people talk about like they are HOFers. Ramirez is just Uribe if Juan gets his jaw wired shut for a couple of months, and Richar hit .230 with a .289 OBP last year. I don't see where those numbers scream he's worthy of playing everyday on a contender.

Richar is a better option than Uribe. I agree that he got a little too much blame last night, but that's what happens when you are below the mendoza line. He also got a hanging curveball.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
I'm actually rooting for Massett to get lit up here. The sooner he is off the team and Broadway is up the better.

What makes you think he would be the one brought up? Since Masset is out of options, I am sure he will have to pretty much go Cliff Politte on us, before he is gone.