White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/23, 7:11, ESPN

RME JICO

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:36 PM)
That's game right there. As I said yesterday, we are pathetic right now.

Yeah. Unless the offense unloads this one is over. Javy will be pulled after this inning, then the trash will roll in from the pen and this will get worse.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
Can't really blame Swisher for that, the ball was slicing sharply away from him. Anderson wouldn't have gotten to that either.

yeah but the dive likely cost an extra run

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
This team just really isn't playing like a playoff team right now. We win 5-0 one day, and blow the game the next day. Very inconsistent. Plus, we make old, over-the-hill pitchers look like they did 10 years ago! Has the offense changed at all from last year?

I don't think this team is gonna even come anywhere close to the palyoffs. It's an avergae team.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 01:37 AM)
Can't really blame Swisher for that, the ball was slicing sharply away from him. Anderson wouldn't have gotten to that either.

Yes, but diving the way he did probably allowed the 2nd run to score. But no, he couldn't have caught it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)
Yes, but diving the way he did probably allowed the 2nd run to score. But no, he couldn't have caught it.

The fact that he let the ball loose instead of trapping it, yeah.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:39 PM)

That's what Tino said too.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 01:36 AM)
That's game right there. As I said yesterday, we are pathetic right now.

Well, we're not facing a team that has 9 guys slumping and no bullpen like we did when we beat up on the Tigers. This team has to start playing better. AJP and Dye have cooled off, but only Thome has stepped up.

Well you know, Mussina can just flat out pitch. You don't win 252 games by accident. Shoot, it was just a matter of time the Sox would run into a buzzsaw like Mussina.

/endhawkmode

(Funny thing is I was typing this as he went on his mini-Mussina rant. heh)