White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/23, 7:11, ESPN

RME JICO

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:21 PM)
This reminds me of a few games last week where the players had no energy. These swings are pathetic.

If by energy you mean hits, then yes. They are hacking early in counts, and not making a bad pitcher work for outs. This team loses patience when a junk baller is on the mound.

QUOTE (frankie5angels @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 01:23 AM)
Shades of 2007 the last 2 nights for the offense.

Is it me or does it seem like we play so flat at home...Even the games we win are nail biters or games that we trail much of the way.

It also seems as though the attendance is way down this year and there is not as much energy in the park...last night, only 25,000.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:25 PM)
Is it me or does it seem like we play so flat at home...Even the games we win are nail biters or games that we trail much of the way.

It also seems as though the attendance is way down this year and there is not as much energy in the park...last night, only 25,000.

There is no energy at the park, because the players are showing nothing to get excited about. They are playing like garbage.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 01:25 AM)

A friend of mine from work went to the game last night, and he was shocked at how bad the crowd was. Like you said, he said the crowd seemed to not care about the game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:35 PM)
Ugh, not good by Swisher. Our pitchers just can't get the 3rd out.

Can't really blame Swisher for that, the ball was slicing sharply away from him. Anderson wouldn't have gotten to that either.

This team just really isn't playing like a playoff team right now. We win 5-0 one day, and blow the game the next day. Very inconsistent. Plus, we make old, over-the-hill pitchers look like they did 10 years ago! Has the offense changed at all from last year?