All Things Pro-Obama

Soxy

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
Seriously, pulling an ad out from 16 years ago to prove that something a different person said under different circumstances about a different issue is supposed to convince me of what exactly?

There's plenty of reason to dislike Hillary, or to dislike these specific comments. There are more recent remarks by Hillary that do a better job. This is really just overkill, and it really isn't productive.

Which really makes me wonder, what about a President Obama would be any different?

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2008 -> 05:04 PM)
Which really makes me wonder, what about a President Obama would be any different?

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. Are you asking whether Obama might change his position on an issue or two every 16 years (I hope to God he does), or are you asking if Obama might suddenly decide that because every expert is against him on an issue he declares that expert opinion is worthless (which I certainly hope he doesn't).

Btw, BO just grabbed a NC Super.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
I'm afraid I don't understand the question. Are you asking whether Obama might change his position on an issue or two every 16 years (I hope to God he does), or are you asking if Obama might suddenly decide that because every expert is against him on an issue he declares that expert opinion is worthless (which I certainly hope he doesn't).

More like if he already has his little attackdog proxies digging up these kind of attacks on opponents, nothing is really going to change once he gets in office.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2008 -> 08:08 PM)

Why is it always different? I just don't understand. When it's "your guy" or "your party" it seems like it gets excused.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 6, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
Why is it always different? I just don't understand. When it's "your guy" or "your party" it seems like it gets excused.

You guys are such Debbie Downers. Of course Obama won't be that much different from the past but using some random link from a random supporter to make your point? Relax.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ May 6, 2008 -> 11:29 PM)
You guys are such Debbie Downers. Of course Obama won't be that much different from the past but using some random link from a random supporter to make your point? Relax.

The position change doesn't bother me as the methodology behind it. Having your little proxy attack dogs dig up quotes from 16 years ago is a page straight out of the James Carville/Karl Rove playbook. It tells me that for all of the "change" that is being talked about, we are already seeing the Obama camp desend into "more of the same".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2008 -> 07:41 AM)
The position change doesn't bother me as the methodology behind it. Having your little proxy attack dogs dig up quotes from 16 years ago is a page straight out of the James Carville/Karl Rove playbook. It tells me that for all of the "change" that is being talked about, we are already seeing the Obama camp desend into "more of the same".

Obama's "camp" is not the same thing as Obama's "supporters." Much like McCain and the slimeballs supporting him who will undoubtedly come out of the woodwork in the next few months with their dirty tactics, Obama really has no control over the rank and file Democrats. He can "call off the dogs" like McCain does (or tries to do) but whether or not they do isn't really up to him. I can't think of any instances where anyone in Obama's camp who directly speaks for him has dug up some old video clip or leaked it to the Druge report. At least not on something trivial (or outright false and blatantly distorted) and not directly related to policy or domestic issues.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2008 -> 07:41 AM)

No, it's more like something Tim Russert would do. It's not even in the ballpark of Swift Boat ads. Terrible comparison.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
Yes. In January. Always wanted to visit D.C. and what better opportunity.

It's nice the first couple of times you see it and it's definitely worth a visit. But now that I've lived in the area for a while I have to say it's really overrated and underwhelming as big cities go.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:14 AM)
So here is a question for you. If McCain should beat Obama in November, will you still go to the inauguration?

Nope. I'll probably change my tickets for a Miami trip.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:15 AM)
Nope. I'll probably change my tickets for a Miami trip.

That's kinda sad actually. No matter who it is, it is still the President of the United States of America. You don't pass up that kind of a chance just because you don't like the person elected. I couldn't stand Bill Clinton and almost everything he stood for, but I still took the chance to go see him speak in person. Its something that should be bigger than politics if you ask me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 7, 2008 -> 08:24 AM)
That's kinda sad actually. No matter who it is, it is still the President of the United States of America. You don't pass up that kind of a chance just because you don't like the person elected. I couldn't stand Bill Clinton and almost everything he stood for, but I still took the chance to go see him speak in person. Its something that should be bigger than politics if you ask me.

It's my personal choice. I have zero interest in John McCain. I am not going to spend hundreds of dollars and take time off work to support a pro-war, pro-choice, Bush surrogate. I can go visit D.C. some other time.

EDIT: It's a big difference going to see a politician speak at the local university and flying your family to D.C. for 5 days to see a politician speak.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 7, 2008 -> 09:27 AM)
It's my personal choice. I have zero interest in John McCain. I am not going to spend hundreds of dollars and take time off work to support a pro-war, pro-choice, Bush surrogate. I can go visit D.C. some other time.

EDIT: It's a big difference going to see a politician speak at the local university and flying your family to D.C. for 5 days to see a politician speak.

You are right it is a big difference. The chance for an inuagural visit is WAY more important than seeing someone speak locally. If you have the means, I don't see why you would pass it up for partisian reasons. If I had the chance to go to a Hillary or Barack inuaguration, I wouldn't pass it up, that is for sure. To me it isn't "supporting" them. It is being a part of a historical event.