8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
Okay, lets predict Juan's AB. I say he pops out to the third basemen in foul territory on 3 pitches.

high fastball on the outer half results in a pop up to the second baseman.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 03:10 PM)
I don't see what was so wrong with trying to let Anderson make contact and pick up that easy RBI

Since Anderson isn't especially adept at placing bunts, it's not exactly an easy RBI. Ozzie picked a really bad time to roll the dice.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 12:14 AM)
HOW THE f*** CAN ANYONE BLAME OZZIE RIGHT NOW!?!?!?? SWISH AND BA CANT GET BUNTS DOWN? YEAH, f*** YOU OZZIE!

Some of you are f***ing ridiculous. It was a fantastic call and a brilliant idea.

Swisher should have never been bunting. And see my post about the inside fastballs they were obviously throwing to Anderson. I know you've played baseball...the inside fastball is the worst pitch to bunt.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 07:15 PM)
Swisher should have never been bunting. And see my post about the inside fastballs they were obviously throwing to Anderson. I know you've played baseball...the inside fastball is the worst pitch to bunt.

if i had to guess....swisher was bunting on his own there

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
HOW THE f*** CAN ANYONE BLAME OZZIE RIGHT NOW!?!?!?? SWISH AND BA CANT GET BUNTS DOWN? YEAH, f*** YOU OZZIE!

Some of you are f***ing ridiculous. It was a fantastic call and a brilliant idea.

It was a retarded call, all we needed was an easy sac fly and game over. No reason to call for a bunt there when this team has provent bunting is not its strength. You play to your players strength.. bunting wasnt it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)

While I appreciate your fervor, and your opinion, allow me to play devil's advocate.

One could make a very compelling argument that an intelligible manager does not call for bunts from two players that notoriously could not get bunts down.

You see how that works? It's a two-way street.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)

JUANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!