8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 05:17 PM)
DA just creamed his pants

I was working out when I saw his defensive gem that most likely saved a run in the 10th I believe, but wouldn't you believe it, I missed the homer, but when I saw it was 3-3, I had a good feeling. I blame the suspended game on Uribe.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:42 PM)
Jenks ruined Javy's W today

Jenks sucked today. I am his biggest supporter, but this 91mph jazz early in the season needs to stop. Throw more if you need to, to clear your shoulder and get your arm loose.

The offense and the league lowest BA showed its ugly head when we put men on.

Ozzie and that moronic "squeeze" bunt with Mr contact Brian Anderson.

QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:42 PM)
I guess all the fantasy stats count for today (on yahoo), right? haha...

They should NOT count for today, they wont become official until the game is completed...at least thats how MLB does it...

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
looking at the box score, it looks like Javy should have been allowed to get the complete game.

He got away with a couple bad pitches in the 8th. It could have gone either way, but we got burned in the end by giving it to Jenks.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 12:48 AM)
Sure he is, fathom. Think of all the adjustments Jim makes to game situations, how he's being pitched, etc.

You mean how when he hooks a one strike fastball 400 feet foul, he's out in front of the 2 strike offspeed pitch that even my grandma knows is coming?

QUOTE (Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)
This game reminds me of the 25 inning affair between the Brewers and White Sox in 1984(?), which was the trivia question on the radio today. Anybody else remember that game as well as I do?

Didn't Paciorek hit a 3 run HR in the 21st to re-tie it up...and Seaver won both games that day

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 05:50 PM)
Didn't Paciorek hit a 3 run HR in the 21st to re-tie it up...and Seaver won both games that day

per wikipedia:

The longest American League game, and tied for the longest major league game by innings which ended with one team winning, was a 7-6 victory by the Chicago White Sox over the Milwaukee Brewers in 25 innings, at Comiskey Park in Chicago in 1984. The game was begun at 7:30 p.m. on the evening of May 8, and after scoring early runs both teams scored twice in the 8th inning; but the game was suspended after 17 innings with the score tied 3-3 due to a league rule prohibiting an inning from beginning after 12:59 a.m. The game was continued the following evening, May 9, and both teams scored three times in the 21st inning to make the score 6-6; finally, in the bottom of the 25th, the White Sox' Harold Baines hit a home run to end the contest. Tom Seaver was the winning pitcher in relief. (A regularly scheduled game followed, meaning both nights saw 17 innings played; Seaver also started, and won, the second game.) The official time of the entire 25-inning game was 8 hours 6 minutes, also a major league record. [1]

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:49 PM)
You mean how when he hooks a one strike fastball 400 feet foul, he's out in front of the 2 strike offspeed pitch that even my grandma knows is coming?

Yep. Sometimes he waves at it with one hand. But sometimes he waves at it and the bat goes flying. THAT's the way that winning players adjust.

By the way, is your grandma left-handed? If so, she can strike out Thome on 3 pitches.

:headbang

QUOTE (Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
This game reminds me of the 25 inning affair between the Brewers and White Sox in 1984(?), which was the trivia question on the radio today. Anybody else remember that game as well as I do?

I remember trying to stay up to listen to the final on the radio. Didn't quite make it, LOL. IIRC, Harold hit a walk-off homer at like 4 in the morning or something.