4/29 - SOX @ MIN, 7:10 CT, WCIU

knightni

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 09:54 AM)
Nice, Pamela Wells was hotter than Boof though, I think Teen Wolf made the wrong choice

OHHHHH...TOOOOOOOOTALLY agree. But, the name, Boof, just made her easy. And what would a teen want more than a girlfriend that was easy? Especially a teen WOLF!

:gosox1:

Speaking of the Twinkies, I'd like to get some real impressions from people who have taken the trip to the Metrodome in the past. This stadium won't be around for long, and even though most fans bash the place as the biggest s***hole in MLB, I'd really like to take the initiative to make the roadtrip up there for a 3 game series against the Sox.

For those who have been, would you reccomend it??

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 01:03 PM)
Speaking of the Twinkies, I'd like to get some real impressions from people who have taken the trip to the Metrodome in the past. This stadium won't be around for long, and even though most fans bash the place as the biggest s***hole in MLB, I'd really like to take the initiative to make the roadtrip up there for a 3 game series against the Sox.

A few of my friends and I went for the first road series of the 05' season.

The park itself is pretty much a piece of crap, but the people are extremely nice and polite. The Minneapolis/St. Paul area is also very nice, so it's not a bad place to visit.

We asked around and were recommended to go to a bar called The Local, which is a nice Irish pub about 6 blocks or so from the Metrodome. It was a fun atmosphere during the afternoon, prior to the game. We headed back there after the game, and actually ended up seeing and meeting Aaron Rowand, AJ, and Joe Crede there. My friends made me leave because they wanted to go to the nudey-bar, which really angered me because the following Monday morning I read an article that Kenny stopped by The Local too and hung out with the guys.

All in all though, it's a nice place to visit.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)

I know the Twins have a new stadium coming, and my friend who went to U of Minn said that they are getting new facilities too, so I think that only leaves the Vikes as residents. I think that's why when L.A. NFL is mentioned Vikes are, or at least were, brought up

Thanks for the input fellas, nice to know that there's a bit more to do than just hit up the Mall of America during the day. Obviously kidding, but I've only been up to the Twin Cities twice, and both during the winter when you couldn't do jack outside. I'm thinking it would make for a nice little mid-week/weekend roadtrip for a relatively inexpensive get-away.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 02:45 PM)
Thanks for the input fellas, nice to know that there's a bit more to do than just hit up the Mall of America during the day. Obviously kidding, but I've only been up to the Twin Cities twice, and both during the winter when you couldn't do jack outside. I'm thinking it would make for a nice little mid-week/weekend roadtrip for a relatively inexpensive get-away.

We stayed in a hotel across from the M of A, and as I recall, it was pretty inexpensive. There is also a Gamekeepers there near the Metrodome, as well as many other restaurants and bars (I think we had lunch in a Harley Davidson restaurant or something?

It's a nice place and we had a fun time.

QUOTE (Scwible @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 03:52 PM)
Dye Back in the lineup.

Swisher cf

Cabrera ss

Thome dh

Konerko 1b

Dye rf

Pierzynski c

Quentin lf

Crede 3b

Uribe 2b

Can someone fill me in on the number of times this exact lineup has been used this season? We've got to be approaching last season's total for the most frequent lineup, if we haven't passed it already.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 10:04 PM)
Can someone fill me in on the number of times this exact lineup has been used this season? We've got to be approaching last season's total for the most frequent lineup, if we haven't passed it already.

I'm pretty sure we've almost tripled it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)

That lineup has been used 13 times now.

1. Owens

2. Iguchi

3. Thome

4. Konerko

5. Pierzynski

6. Dye

7. Mackowiak

8. Fields

9. Uribe

Was used 7 times last year.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
That lineup has been used 13 times now.

1. Owens

2. Iguchi

3. Thome

4. Konerko

5. Pierzynski

6. Dye

7. Mackowiak

8. Fields

9. Uribe

Was used 7 times last year.

Thanks. I wish we still had Iguchi to play 2B for us right now and hit 9th.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 29, 2008 -> 04:10 PM)
Thanks. I wish we still had Iguchi to play 2B for us right now and hit 9th.

He's putting up an OPS right around .600 and showing no range to either side at second for the Padres right now. From the 12 or so Padres games I've seen this season he no longer looks like a major league player but it's early yet so who knows.