This needs to be brought to light...

Swingandalongonetoleft

That miller chill commercial on the score that plays 15 times in an hour is the worst piece of media in the history of media. It would be the sad shock of a lifetime if whoever greenlighted that/was involved in the production of it are still employed by miller brewing company. There aren't words in the english language capable of describing how horrid that minute (it feels like 15 minutes) of airtime is. I feel ashamed for those involved with this abomination.

Edited by ChiSox35

Are you talking about $5 footlongs? Cause if I had to choose between listening to that for a month straight nonstop or listening to "splittin' sides as the laughter goes rouUUNND" twice in a row I'd choose the subway. I'm an easygoing person with whom it takes much effort to piss me off. Rarely ever do actual people get to that point, but this noise pollution hit the first pitch right out of the park.

*edit* i'll drink squirrel urine by the cup before one drop of this beverage enters my mouth.

Edited by ChiSox35

QUOTE (ChiSox35 @ May 3, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)
That miller chill commercial on the score that plays 15 times in an hour is the worst piece of media in the history of media.

The chances of that are...........remote.

/thread

I dont know, I happen to think that the Illinois Lottery commercial "Have a ball" is 50X more annoying than the Miller chill commercials. The one with the old uglies dancing in the green room. I have seen and heard that commercial a billion times

QUOTE (Brian @ May 4, 2008 -> 07:17 PM)
Those suck. Just like Dos Equis.

Question about Dos equis! At the end of the commercial, the old codger says "Stay thirsty my friends!" Well if one of the reasons that you drink liquids is to quench your thirst, is this in fact a subliminal message saying "Don't buy our beer?" If you bought it, it would quench your thirst..........but he is saying "Stay thirsty!!" OK then, I'll stay thirsty! I won't buy your beer. I'll eat a box of crackers if it will make him happy!

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ May 4, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
Question about Dos equis! At the end of the commercial, the old codger says "Stay thirsty my friends!" Well if one of the reasons that you drink liquids is to quench your thirst, is this in fact a subliminal message saying "Don't buy our beer?" If you bought it, it would quench your thirst..........but he is saying "Stay thirsty!!" OK then, I'll stay thirsty! I won't buy your beer. I'll eat a box of crackers if it will make him happy!

Even though it dehydrates you I would think it is implying that if you are always thirsty you can always drink the beer.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ May 4, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)

Reminds me of this thread.

BTW, I liked the Bud Light Lime the other day. Iced very cold, hanging out at the beach after doing a little surfing. As I explained to a beer purist that was with me, not everything has to taste like a beer. If I drink ice tea, I don't want it tasting like a beer, when I am in the mood for that particular taste, I'd order it again. Same as I jump around the beer aisle with different styles. Hell, I even drink michiladas, boiler makers, etc.

QUOTE (Texsox @ May 5, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
BTW, I liked the Bud Light Lime the other day. Iced very cold, hanging out at the beach after doing a little surfing. As I explained to a beer purist that was with me, not everything has to taste like a beer. If I drink ice tea, I don't want it tasting like a beer, when I am in the mood for that particular taste, I'd order it again. Same as I jump around the beer aisle with different styles. Hell, I even drink michiladas, boiler makers, etc.

A dedicated and knowledgeable beer purist would not agree that "tastes like beer" is even an appropriate phrase, given the vast array of global arrays styles, subcategories and flavors.

Then again, I have a hard time believing that a squirt of lime juice would turn Bud Light into anything I'd go out of my way to try.

Thinking this Cinco de Mayo is going to be dominated by Negro Modelo and a margarita here and there. Damn, is it 5:00 yet?