5/14 gamethread: Sox (18-20) vs Angels (24-17); CSN; 9:05

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 15, 2008 -> 12:26 AM)
Something is terribly wrong. Our lineup makes some sense, CQ hit a grand slam, PK stole a base, Swisher with a HR? What?

Oh and Ozzie actually uses Anderson as a defensive substitution. Although it's not a close game. Too much change at once would cause the space-time continuum to implode on itself.

Man, that 7th inning was hilarious when Jose threw that 52 footer 8 feet to the left of the plate, then made that slow pickoff move and threw Pauly that ground ball....I couldn't stop laughing....

I love the "old warhorse."

thank you jose for proving, at least so far this year, that you're gonna give this team much better chances to win than Mark

i fear the next time mark has to faces Cleveland, that could be ugly

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 14, 2008 -> 10:45 PM)
thank you jose for proving, at least so far this year, that you're gonna give this team much better chances to win than Mark

i fear the next time mark has to faces Cleveland, that could be ugly

Actually, I believe Mark will close out the series in San Fran on Sunday.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 15, 2008 -> 05:50 AM)
I don't know how Contreras has been doing it, but he's not been getting rocked. He hasn't really been throwing nasty stuff up there, just getting outs. His increase in velocity does help though.

He was extremely nasty tonight with that forkball.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 14, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
I don't know how Contreras has been doing it, but he's not been getting rocked. He hasn't really been throwing nasty stuff up there, just getting outs. His increase in velocity does help though.

pitching to contact with his fastball, and inducing grounders.

ha, on the angels board they think Jose throws a spitter.

Lackey was loading up the ball with his arm sweat all night and Jose barely licks his fingers and its a spitter.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
ha, on the angels board they think Jose throws a spitter.

Lackey was loading up the ball with his arm sweat all night and Jose barely licks his fingers and its a spitter.

hmm? i watched the game earlier when it aired and i'm watching the encore right now, i haven't noticed either guy loading the ball up with any moisture

also a splitter doesn't require any moisture to make it work (???), i think i'm misreading your post though