AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!&a

G&T

Overcoming not hitting any home runs, a terrible error, and not getting the sac fly with a man on 1st and one out in the 9th is GREAT to see. That's not a game we win, so to find a way to win anyways is huge. Now, let's get 2 of 3 in SF and get home with a 6-4 trip and above .500 (although a sweep would be nice).

Dotel and Linebrink have just been GREAT out of that pen, and Thome FINALLY coming through hopefully will get him into a good frame of mind with the days off in San Francisco. HUGE win. This team still drives me (among others) nuts, but if they win that's fine.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 16, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
This pitching staff is simply incredible.

They need to learn to pitch over defensive mistakes. They seem to rattle easily. But it seems like every pitcher has gotten into a groove every game and starts mowing guys down. Except MB, but he will come around.

That was a huge win. Javy was outstanding...and the pen was solid again.

Glad to see Thome somewhat get the monkey off his back.

PK really needs to sit out this next series IMO.....

And the legend of Carlos Quentin grows........

QUOTE (G&T @ May 16, 2008 -> 12:30 AM)
They need to learn to pitch over defensive mistakes. They seem to rattle easily.

I don't agree with that at all. If you give a team 4 or 5 outs in an inning, the odds are they are going to score some runs. It's hard enough to get 3 outs.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 16, 2008 -> 07:55 AM)
A west coast road trip at that.

Helps that we didn't play in Oakland. Just sayin'.

Although I will say this is about as good a position as the Sox could have expected. This is a great chance to be 6-4 or 7-3 on this trip. Can't ask for anything more.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (G&T @ May 16, 2008 -> 08:25 AM)

Although I will say this is about as good a position as the Sox could have expected. This is a great chance to be 6-4 or 7-3 on this trip. Can't ask for anything more.

Ya, we seem to be snakebit in Oakland. Regardless, we can't complain about this trip considering our recent past out there.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 16, 2008 -> 07:25 AM)

The really lucky thing was they missed the King, Bedard, Saunders and Lincecum. Finish it strong.

I'd like them to start Thome at first and rest Konerko for the series.

Edited by Jenks Heat