Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

tough loss...but a good game against a good team...in the end just too much dirk from a very talented and veteran team...rose has to learn to finish out in big games...at the end when he starts to drive everyone knows he's taking it....he's gotta learn to dish it out when they double or even triple him at the end of the game

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 12:07 AM)
I have to say I'm really impressed with TT lately... his "flashes" have never lasted this long and he's getting more and more consistent. Double double tonight so far.

I'm not convinced yet. But I am more convinced now than ever.

I'm trying to lessen my severe man crush for him in case he's traded, but I hope Pax, if he makes a trade, does everything in his power to not trade Tyrus Thomas. I've said it since day one, when he gets his minutes (preferably 30+, stats even look sweeter at 34+ mpg), he'll shine.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
I didn't realized Shannon Brown was still in the league either. It's easy to forget players on the Bobkats.

"my "see" letter isn't working, or the letter between B and D. So I'm using k's and s's to solve the problem for now.

Sounds like a Monty Python sketch

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: I saw your add in the "Bolour" Supplement.

Bounder: The what?

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: The Bolour Suppliment.

Bounder: The Colour Supplement.

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: Yes, I'm sorry, I can't say the letter B.

Bounder: C?

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: Yes, that's right. It's all due to a trauma I suffered when I was a "sbool" boy. I was attacked by a bat.

Bounder: A cat?

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: No, a bat.

Bounder Can you say the letter 'K'?

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: Oh yes, Khaki, king, kettle, Kuwait, Keble Bollege Oxford.

Bounder Why don't you say the letter 'K' instead of the letter 'C'?

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: What you mean.....spell bolour with a K?

Bounder Yes.

Mr Smoke-Too-Much: Kolour. Oh that's very good, I never thought of that.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)
I'm trying to lessen my severe man crush for him in case he's traded, but I hope Pax, if he makes a trade, does everything in his power to not trade Tyrus Thomas. I've said it since day one, when he gets his minutes (preferably 30+, stats even look sweeter at 34+ mpg), he'll shine.

It'll help him too if he can get some solid C play next to him regularly (limited small lineups, Noah not in foul trouble).

I just hope Vinny/Pax/whoever gets Rose on point with his Defense though. The kid was an outstanding defender in Simeon and was very good in his one year in Memphis. That's probably the only thing that's really regressed about Derrick Rose. Not sure if the knee tendinitis (basically has dealt with that all season) or the sprained left foot (dealing with that just recently) is still bothering him in that regard. But his shot has significantly improved this season and the three point range will come eventually. You can tell the kid works his ass off. I still LOVE watching this video of Derrick hoping he can bring some of that to the NBA. The Stud, that is, Derrick Rose.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Feb 7, 2009 -> 11:18 PM)
I'm not convinced yet. But I am more convinced now than ever.

I was being cautious until recently, but it really does look like he's starting to turn a corner and get his s*** together. Not quite justifying his draft status yet but getting there. It'd be awesome if he did.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 01:44 AM)
Wait.. Wait.. Wait... Is Chris Bosh on the market?

He says that he wants to stay in Toronto but even if he was, I doubt we'd have the pieces to make it work. It'd have to be something like Gordon, Noah, Thomas, and our 1st round pick next year (lottery or not).

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 05:41 AM)
He says that he wants to stay in Toronto but even if he was, I doubt we'd have the pieces to make it work. It'd have to be something like Gordon, Noah, Thomas, and our 1st round pick next year (lottery or not).

That would be a no-brainer, but I doubt Toronto would do it unless they wanted BG.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 8, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)
I just hope Vinny/Pax/whoever gets Rose on point with his Defense though. The kid was an outstanding defender in Simeon and was very good in his one year in Memphis. That's probably the only thing that's really regressed about Derrick Rose. Not sure if the knee tendinitis (basically has dealt with that all season) or the sprained left foot (dealing with that just recently) is still bothering him in that regard. But his shot has significantly improved this season and the three point range will come eventually. You can tell the kid works his ass off. I still LOVE watching this video of Derrick hoping he can bring some of that to the NBA. The Stud, that is, Derrick Rose.

He was never good at defense and it's always been a question of motivation on the defensive end. He has the tools and he has long arms, and he's shown flashes of being a great pickpocket, but he still doesn't do it enough. That and he always goes low on screens.

BTW, I was hugely impressed with Lamar Odom's game yesterday (and loved his screams everytime he made a dunk down low).

I think people forget how good of a player he actually is considering he's basically the 4th or 5th option on that team when Bynum is healthy.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 07:51 AM)
Basically, if the Bulls want either Amare or Bosh, they're gonna have to give up TT, Noah, Gooden and a 1st.

John Paxson has got to decide whether or not he's willing to do that.

Steven A. Smith reported a couple weeks ago that Bosh told Torotno he won't be re-signing with them in 2010.

There's also another way the Bulls could make a run at Bosh; clear a little bit more cap room for 2010.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
BTW, I was hugely impressed with Lamar Odom's game yesterday (and loved his screams everytime he made a dunk down low).

I think people forget how good of a player he actually is considering he's basically the 4th or 5th option on that team when Bynum is healthy.

He strikes me as being a little b****.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 09:51 AM)
Basically, if the Bulls want either Amare or Bosh, they're gonna have to give up TT, Noah, Gooden and a 1st.

John Paxson has got to decide whether or not he's willing to do that.

Fired if he's not. Boycott continues if he's not.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
Steven A. Smith reported a couple weeks ago that Bosh told Torotno he won't be re-signing with them in 2010.

There's also another way the Bulls could make a run at Bosh; clear a little bit more cap room for 2010.

Or, make the run at Amare, offer him the contract he deserves as an extension and let he and Rose take over this town... and then laugh at all the other teams that fail to sign Bosh/Lebron and have a nice base for a championship.

Hmmmm;

But all I’m hearing is loud and solid buzz that the Warriors are intent on diving into the red-hot trade market for Amare Stoudemire and that they want people around the league–and, I’m assuming, in the media–to know about it.

The Warriors want to punch some life into this season, with season-ticket renewals set to go out soon.

The fastest way to do that is to add a young big player who fills their huge need for scoring in the middle.

“They’ve gotten very active with the Stoudemire stuff,” said one NBA source, referring to the chase for the Suns’ young big man.

Apparently, the talk revved up today and the Warriors were either in direct contact with the Suns or the Warriors’ executives were telling other teams that they were.

Either way, the Warriors want in on the Stoudemire discussion, and if they don’t get him by the Feb. 19 trade deadline, most NBA sources presume that they will try to get involved with any other available young power forward/center, if they aren’t already.

That, the source cautioned, does not mean that the Suns are intrigued and it definitely doesn’t mean that the Warriors are a top candidate for Stoudemire, who can opt-out of his contract in the summer of 2010.

We just don’t know what the Suns will do or what they want.

It’s not clear what the Warriors will offer Phoenix in a package, but two sources said that it’s likely going to start with either Andris Biedrins or Monta Ellis, but not include both, and probably could add Anthony Randolph as another piece.

For value and salary-cap purposes, it’s very difficult to see the Warriors using both Biedrins and Ellis in the same trade.

Can the Warriors get this deal done? First, we have to know what the Suns want for Stoudemire.

Clearly, the Warriors can offer a lot of talent, but they can offer almost zero immediate cap relief and I’d have to believe the Suns want a package that includes young talent plus massive cap relief.

Biedrins is signed for this year plus five more years at $9M per. He’s a base-year player, which makes a trade tricky, but once you start talking about a player with Stoudemire’s $15M salary for this season, those math problems become a lot easier.

FWIW, the Suns may want Gordon's expiring deal instead of Noah included in a package also.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
Hmmmm;

FWIW, the Suns may want Gordon's expiring deal instead of Noah included in a package also.

Gordon should have veto rights over any trade I believe. That said, I'd be more than happy to keep someone who can play the Center role on our team if we made that deal. So that we won't have to see Deng there any more.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 9, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
Gordon should have veto rights over any trade I believe. That said, I'd be more than happy to keep someone who can play the Center role on our team if we made that deal. So that we won't have to see Deng there any more.

Correct, Ben would have to waive for his Bird Rights and NTC. That ain't happening. With that said, I'm willing to clear the whole frontcourt for Amare. I hope it happens.

BTW, I thought this was cool. VDN has Rose watch tapes of how Amare and Steve Nash ran the pick and roll in D'Antoni's offense. How great would that be if Nash was replaced by Rose.