5/23 gamethread: Angels (28-21) vs Sox (26-20); 7:11; WGN

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 23, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
Gavin Floyd is still leading the league in arm angle. And Carlos Quentin is leedin leeg in steelin heartz

WSF, I love it when you analyze

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
I call bulls*** on the idea that Saunders had a cold and couldn't pitch, pushing him back a start - Soscia knows the Sox are hot and struggle against lefties while they also hammer his boy Santana. Here's hoping it backfires.

Versus

Righties: 16-16

Lefties: 10-4

According to Jesse Rogers; Konerko is on the bench tonight, Brian will be in CF. So I assume we'll see something like this:

Cabrera, SS

Pierzynski, C

Quentin, LF

Dye, RF

Thome, DH

Crede, 3B

Ramirez, 2B

Swisher, 1B

Anderson, CF

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 06:31 PM)
PK had a cortisone shot today, and likely will be out this wknd. The ligament injury is bad though, and if it doesn't get better, it's possible they might have to explore the surgery route.

can we start the Fields for 1B bandwagon now?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:31 PM)
PK had a cortisone shot today, and likely will be out this wknd. The ligament injury is bad though, and if it doesn't get better, it's possible they might have to explore the surgery route.

Ouch.

Any idea on a worst-case scenario?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)

Can you post a link to this info? I thought he was supposed to have a "bone bruise" -- I didn't know it was a ligament problem.

Either way, it's good to see Konerko get some time to heal and get BA some starting time in CF. I hope BA comes through--that would be such a major plus for this team if he were to fulfill their initial expectations of him.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 23, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
Can you post a link to this info? I thought he was supposed to have a "bone bruise" -- I didn't know it was a ligament problem.

Either way, it's good to see Konerko get some time to heal and get BA some starting time in CF. I hope BA comes through--that would be such a major plus for this team if he were to fulfill their initial expectations of him.

It's what Bruce Levine reported around 5:20. Worst-case scenario is he has a torn ligament in his thumb they can't find yet. That's unlikely though.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2008 -> 03:51 PM)
It's what Bruce Levine reported around 5:20. Worst-case scenario is he has a torn ligament in his thumb they can't find yet. That's unlikely though.

So, let's hypothetically imagine he has that issue and needs the surgery. Recovery time?